2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The criticisms I'd have of Brands for the performances we've been displaying since the restart would be that we're playing players that shouldn't be at the the club and that a midfielder that he's brought in (Delph) is never available for selection due to his injury proneness - a trait that he'd displayed before we shelled out for him.

My personal opinion is that I don't think our current struggles can be put down to his other signings (Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, Mina, Bernard, Iwobi, Kean, Gbamin and Sidibe). For one they were bought for a different system and two - the midfield area - the place that's supposed to be the heartbeat of the team - provide stability, protection for the defence and allow the attacking players the freedom to attack - has not once seen a pairing of two of his midfielders together due to injury.

I think if, by some miracle, before the end of the season that we see us field a midfield pairing of Delph and Gomes that we'll look so much more comfortable than what we've shown these past few weeks.
In fairness the two seasons prior to him coming here Adelphi’s played 22 times each season, so it looked like his injury woes were past him?

It's not about turnover. Some clubs are massive businesses, but in football the cult of the personality holds firm, unlike in normal business.

If a man is brought in to impose his authority on the football side of the club they have to be seen to be in control at the very least. Moshiri completely undermines everyone who comes in in whatever capacity, and that's what happened with Brands over the Silva dismissal and Ancelotti hiring.

All of this, of course, is quite beside the atrocious job Brands has done in the transfer market.

He's failed. He has to go.

Watch this. It might change your opinion of him.

I wish he'd spent 10 cents on Iwobi, the useless jug eared get.
Thats harsh. Iwobi provided a lot of assists in the previous season for Arsenal. He was definitely overpriced due to him being English but his signing wasn't completely ridiculous at the time. Playing more centrally might help him get into better positions for that killer pass. DCL and Kean improving next season could get him the assist numbers his expenditure demands.
Brands saw something in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.