2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the DoF role is to set the philosophy of the team so if a new manager comes into the club, in theory they carry on the philosophy the DoF has set. Then what happens if said philosophy as in case of Walsh and seemingly Brands the philosophy is a sack of manure. Do you carry on sacking managers in the hope one of them manages to make it work or do you sack Brands off and trust a multi trophy winning manager to say to a director I want x, y and z players now go get them

0E1DB9D7-61CE-4E4F-8E2A-998A82AD9168.jpeg

should be sacked for this alone. Never mind the other 12 he’s bought.

You can bring in all the players you want, but when your current crop are rotten to the core you’re getting no where.

That said signing cast offs, will never ever work.

Theres a reason Arsenal didn’t want Iwobi, Barca Mina, Gomes. They didn’t meet their standard.
It’s all well and good having 1 like that, see Barry for ya, Milner for them.

The players we have, there’s no leader. I looked at Spurs and they argued when we played them cause they’re passionate and want to win.... I look at Pickford sticking his tongue out for the cameras.

Youce got to watch the league and see some battlers like McGinn (or something similar), who are snide, want the win and will do anythingfor it.

Any more “inspired” cast off signing and. I’ll be pointing finger at him.

He is going to have o get very creative this summer we need four players minimum. I'd say more but I am being realistic given the short window. So frees, swaps, loans.. Just improve this team especially in the midfield.

You can bring in all the players you want, but when your current crop are rotten to the core you’re getting no where.
Theres a reason Arsenal didn’t want Iwobi, Barca Mina, Gomes. They didn’t meet their standard.
The players we have, there’s no leader. I looked at Spurs and they argued when we played them cause they’re passionate and want to win.... I look at Pickford sticking his tongue out for the cameras.
Youce got to watch the league and see some battlers like McGinn (or something similar), who are snide, want the win and will do anythingfor it.
I can feel my pointing arm wanting to go into full on Capt. Pip mode even now

What's in a name? Do we rate people higher because they just sound or look legit?
For instance would we rate Marcel Brands as much when he arrived if his name was Mel Band or a Marco Silva if his was Mark Hill or a Roberto Martinez if his was Bobby Brown Sh.......uh I mean Bob Martin?
Sometimes the name, accent and look maybe makes us rate people higher with nothing much to substantiate just why and maybe that is the case here with this guy............ Hope I'm wrong like!

What's in a name? Do we rate people higher because they just sound or look legit?
For instance would we rate Marcel Brands as much when he arrived if his name was Mel Band or a Marco Silva if his was Mark Hill or a Roberto Martinez if his was Bobby Brown Sh.......uh I mean Bob Martin?
Sometimes the name, accent and look maybe makes us rate people higher with nothing much to substantiate just why and maybe that is the case here with this guy............ Hope I'm wrong like!

Think you’re being a bit odd.

The criticisms I'd have of Brands for the performances we've been displaying since the restart would be that we're playing players that shouldn't be at the the club and that a midfielder that he's brought in (Delph) is never available for selection due to his injury proneness - a trait that he'd displayed before we shelled out for him.

My personal opinion is that I don't think our current struggles can be put down to his other signings (Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, Mina, Bernard, Iwobi, Kean, Gbamin and Sidibe). For one they were bought for a different system and two - the midfield area - the place that's supposed to be the heartbeat of the team - provide stability, protection for the defence and allow the attacking players the freedom to attack - has not once seen a pairing of two of his midfielders together due to injury.

I think if, by some miracle, before the end of the season that we see us field a midfield pairing of Delph and Gomes that we'll look so much more comfortable than what we've shown these past few weeks.

Bit of a weird grumble this mate.

You've omitted Digne from Barcelona. I imagine because he's good for us yet didnt meet the Barcelona standard.

There are plenty of players not good enough for Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus...the list goes on...but ARE good enough for us.

I wouldn't disagree though, a squad should have a mixture of players / personalities. We are missing energy and bite in midfield, absolutely.

Equally though, there are some who don't want Mings because he's playing for a "pub team" to quote @Bob Elstone

I'd imagine McGinn falls into that same bracket.

The issue is recruitment is difficult for us because we are trying to act like a club challenging for top 6 / 4 honours without having the players for it. Mings to be isn't where we want to be right now but he's quicker and better on the ball than Michael Keane. And he's replaced Michael Keane in the England squad I think? Doesn't make him automatically better but it shows one is having a good season in a crap team and the other, let's not forget, has been good since the restart but turd for most of the season.

Bit of a weird grumble this mate.

You've omitted Digne from Barcelona. I imagine because he's good for us yet didnt meet the Barcelona standard.

There are plenty of players not good enough for Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus...the list goes on...but ARE good enough for us.

I wouldn't disagree though, a squad should have a mixture of players / personalities. We are missing energy and bite in midfield, absolutely.

Equally though, there are some who don't want Mings because he's playing for a "pub team" to quote @Bob Elstone

I'd imagine McGinn falls into that same bracket.

The issue is recruitment is difficult for us because we are trying to act like a club challenging for top 6 / 4 honours without having the players for it. Mings to be isn't where we want to be right now but he's quicker and better on the ball than Michael Keane. And he's replaced Michael Keane in the England squad I think? Doesn't make him automatically better but it shows one is having a good season in a crap team and the other, let's not forget, has been good since the restart but turd for most of the season.

I meant to actually state that Digne was a rare one, whp's been decent.

There are, but when Gomes is slated as one of their worst ever players, and they've realised Mina isn't good enough after 6 months, it's telling, right? (FWIW, I don't dislike Mina, bit slow, but solid).

There's talent coming relegated sides. Gueye, Traore in recent memory. I don't rate Mings either, I think he's overhyped and English. I'd rather not pay £40m for Mings when he's a slight upgrade on Keane. I'd rather spend £40m on the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.