2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did he fail to get a player in for the first team, he even failed in the tasks he himself set - to get shut of Martina, Niasse and Bolasie.

The feller is a useless nobhead.

The last 3 windows have underlined that.

Bypassed on manager selections and disastrous in the transfer market. He's just a hologram. An empty Hugo Boss suit.

He never mentioned anything about Bolasie Dave, he is still at the club we loaned him too in the summer, and you’ve been told dozens of times this week alone about Martina and Niasse, one repeatedly turned down loans and the other only having vague interest yesterday despite being available since the summer

Bit of perspective required. These are the number of points required to finish joint 6th last 4 years
66, 63, 69, 63

What we achieved
54, 49, 61, 47

The difference between 8th and 6th is massive.
12,14,8,16 points away from 6th but Goat thinks any idiot knows with a decent manager we would have made 6th.

Do you really want this group of players (who mostly played) and this manager:

Kenny Coleman Jagielka Williams Keane Mangala Holgate Martina Baines Klaassen Schneiderlin Davies McCarthy Gueye Siggurdson Rooney Sandro Calvert Lewin Niasse Walcott Tosun Bolasie (Allardyce)

Or

Sidibe Coleman Mina Holgate Keane Digne Baines Gomes Gbamin Delph Davies Schneiderlin Iwobi Bernard Siggurdson Walcott Richarlison Calvert Lewin Kean (Ancelotti)

Regardless of league position (in a season that hasn’t finished yet) which set of players and manager would you rather have? It’s that simple.

But it means nothing if teams around us are recruiting better.

Any team can point to better players than in former years but if they've spent more than their competitors but lagging behind in the table questions need to be asked.

Of course Silva takes a big part to blame in our current league position - but I wouldnt be shocked if even without Silva these group of players would be no better off in the table as they are weak minded with no leadership.

Do you really want this group of players (who mostly played) and this manager:

Kenny Coleman Jagielka Williams Keane Mangala Holgate Martina Baines Klaassen Schneiderlin Davies McCarthy Gueye Siggurdson Rooney Sandro Calvert Lewin Niasse Walcott Tosun Bolasie (Allardyce)

Or

Sidibe Coleman Mina Holgate Keane Digne Baines Gomes Gbamin Delph Davies Schneiderlin Iwobi Bernard Siggurdson Walcott Richarlison Calvert Lewin Kean (Ancelotti)

Regardless of league position (in a season that hasn’t finished yet) which set of players and manager would you rather have? It’s that simple.
The first one is better.

Coleman was playing well, Gueye is different class to anything we have now.Glyfi was playing better, Rooney scored some goals. Only Richarlison adds anything to current team.

We were in disarray that season and finished 8th, we are currently in 12th (despite DCL scoring goals) so that gives you the answer.

Bit of perspective required. These are the number of points required to finish joint 6th last 4 years
66, 63, 69, 63

What we achieved
54, 49, 61, 47

The difference between 8th and 6th is massive.
12,14,8,16 points away from 6th but Goat thinks any idiot knows with a decent manager we would have made 6th.

Moyes would have made 6th with the squads Martinez, Koeman/Allardyce and Silva had at their disposal without blinking, it’s not a hardship to think Ancelotti won’t either

The first one is better.

Coleman was playing well, Gueye is different class to anything we have now.Glyfi was playing better, Rooney scored some goals. Only Richarlison adds anything to current team.

We were in disarray that season and finished 8th, we are currently in 12th (despite DCL scoring goals) so that gives you the answer.
thats mental

If you ever want to see confirmation bias at its most blatant you have it here.

Because so many of you ‘think’ that today’s squad is better than previously you ‘believe’ it and argue despite rational and the facts of our results and we’re we are in the league prove it not to be the case.

ps. Of course I would have Ancelloti over Fat Sam.

Because so many of you ‘think’ that today’s squad is better than previously you ‘believe’ it and argue despite rational and the facts of our results and we’re we are in the league prove it not to be the case.

under Gravy Tits we didn't have bernard, Dinge, Sidbide, Gomes, Mina, Richarlison Jury is still out on Kean and Ghambin Delph is a waster. Gueye is the only real big miss and it will take time to fill that gap. Sigz might have regressed but thats not on brands.

We are were we are because of who we had in charge for the first half of the season, there is so much more football left to play that I’m confident we won’t finish there and will lay a marker for next season

Its a hangover from the Walsh days, the Lukaku and Stones sales, we wasted a serious amount of money.

Now I know Brands has his doubters, but hes come in and hes at least bought mostly players we could move on, some have shown their worth, some well the jury is out, its early days to be saying we wasted money on anybody yet, im aware that some will try.

He hasnt built a top 4 squad, but the players hes brought in have defo improved us, there cant be any doubt on that and we have spent a measly amount the last 4 windows, but that again is down to the Walsh era.

I think I said we were about 6 PERFECT transfer windows from being able to compete, we havent had perfect transfer windows, but we can certainly have a go in the summer.
How can there not be any doubt over whether they have improved us?

I have some doubt over that.

The metric I'm using to judge the squad quality is our league position.

Year before Brands 8th.

Brands first season 8th. No significant improvement.

Brands second season is also looking like we will not finish higher than 8th.

On that basis, he hasn't really improved the squad relative to our competition in the two years he will have been here.

probably cause Silva turned out to be a bit rubbish this season mate which is why he got sacked.
I don't see why Brands escapes any criticism for the impact his signings this year might have had towards Silva's sacking.

I wasn't a Silva fan by any means but I don't think it's fair that he gets assigned the full load of blame for the team's performance but the man who helped build his squad escapes all of it.

We don't do that with Koeman and Walsh. Both of them get grief but for some reason Brands is above criticism for some and Silva shoulders the blame for his sacking entirely by himself.

I don't see why Brands escapes any criticism for the impact his signings this year might have had towards Silva's sacking.

I wasn't a Silva fan by any means but I don't think it's fair that he gets assigned the full load of blame for the team's performance but the man who helped build his squad escapes all of it.

We don't do that with Koeman's and Walsh. Both of them get grief but for some reason Brands is above criticism for some and Silva shoulders the blame for his sacking entirely by himself.
Well the results since Silva has been sacked has been like night and day with a depleted midfield to add in, What am I suppose to be blaming Brands for? We should have entered the loan market but we didn't, Not gonna cry and moan about it constantly the decision was made so we just move on, I personally thought we did good business in the summer.

A dont doubt Brands is a proud man and wants to do his best and be seen as a good DOF.
But who allows `his' football club to go into a season with 3 recognised centre halfs =
Mina/Keane/Holgate (thank the lord the later has improved this season).

And expects to finish 6th is guilty of either complete and utter delusion or gross misconduct.

I cannot believe more than about 50 of our 40,000 Goodison regulars would have allowed that to happen if they were DOF.

Well the results since Silva has been sacked has been like night and day with a depleted midfield to add in, What am I suppose to be blaming Brands for? We should have entered the loan market but we didn't, Not gonna cry and moan about it constantly the decision was made so we just move on, I personally thought we did good business in the summer.

Results have improved since Silva left and there's no argument Ancelotti is a better manager.

Brands should get some blame for this squad not kicking on in the two years he's been here with the 86 million (using net spend is generous) or so he's spent.

I don't think the business was that good in the summer and I definitely think it had some contribution to Silva's downfall.

Results have improved since Silva left and there's no argument Ancelotti is a better manager.

Brands should get some blame for this squad not kicking on in the two years he's been here with the 86 million (using net spend is generous) or so he's spent.

I don't think the business was that good in the summer and I definitely think it had some contribution to Silva's downfall.
Well then what's the excuse for Duncan Ferguson doing better than Silva? 1 win against Chelsea who were fourth at time after Liverpool smashed us and a draw against United/Arsenal with a invisible midfield? Brands can only supply the ammunition he can't fire the gun, When you look at the squad in BFS last game compared to now the squad is so so so much better, Yes it still needs improvements but we're slowly getting there. The only thing that contributed to Silva's downfall was himself and the way he played, Two other managers have done far far better with the same players so not sure how we can put some blame on Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.