2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jelavic couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo when he left here for a tidy profit; Anichebe we made good money on. Cleverley fetched £8M.

Dont tell me it's not now possible to shift poor and bang average players out for a fee. Dont.

He has done though with Vlasic, Lookman, McCarthy, Onyekuru, Klaassen and Funes Mori. You know, players that other clubs actually wanted. We didn’t make a profit on Jelavic either.

Who would want Niasse or Martina and why? Martina showed he wasn’t even good enough for the championship. Niasse isn’t either.
Tell me who has put a bid in for him mate. If you can , then I will agree with you.
I bet you can't though , can you ?
Nobody is interested in him.
Niasse doesn’t want to go anywhere, he’s clearly happy and willing to see out his contract here and take every penny he can for doing as little as necessary or possible.
They were players who wanted to play football so leaving was easy. What do you do with players who would rather keep the wages & do absolutely nothing to help in moving them on?
Jelavic had still hit ~20 PL goals in 2 seasons though, mate. Worth a punt for a struggling team.

Cleverley had plenty of experience at United prior to being at Everton so still had some residual pedigree.

Martina was considered Southampton's worst player before we even signed him, Koeman is an @rsehole he truly lumped us with an unsellable player.
Again, and with respect, this is just going around in circles and offering up excuses for Brand.

I offered examples under two previous Everton regimes that shifted out 'rubbish' from the club and got a fee, but that's dismissed as not relevant in some way. Well I'm sorry, but it IS relevant. Brands has shifted Gueye and Lookman out - two players in demand. Only the sale of Onyekuru has fetched decent cash over and above his fee.

He just hasn't shifted players out in anything like the necessary volume, something which he was hired to do.

Again, and with respect, this is just going around in circles and offering up excuses for Brand.

I offered examples under two previous Everton regimes that shifted out 'rubbish' from the club and got a fee, but that's dismissed as not relevant in some way. Well I'm sorry, but it IS relevant. Brands has shifted Gueye and Lookman out - two players in demand. Only the sale of Onyekuru has fetched decent cash over and above his fee.

He just hasn't shifted players out in anything like the necessary volume, something which he was hired to do.

Why do you think that is tho Dave?

Do you think hes simply not answering the phone when people ring up for Niasse and Martina?

I mean are you suggesting he should be able to perform a jedi mind trick?

He has done though with Vlasic, Lookman, McCarthy, Onyekuru, Klaassen and Funes Mori. You know, players that other clubs actually wanted. We didn’t make a profit on Jelavic either.
Not much fetched over and above the outlay (a loss overall on them...in THIS market today!). Practically giving some of them away.

Brands has shifted Gueye and Lookman out - two players in demand. Only the sale of Onyekuru has fetched decent cash over and above his fee.

He just hasn't shifted players out and on in anything like the necessary volume, which he was hired to do.
Oh yes, Lookman is in such demand, RBL demands he not be seen on the pitch lol

Lets be honest, the real reason we all love Brands is that he does amazing work while simultaneously leaving Dave foaming at the mouth. It's dinner AND a show

Not much fetched over and above the outlay (a loss overall on them...in THIS market today!). Practically giving some of them away.

They are absolutely turd players though so it’s not about making a profit, it’s about getting them off the wage bill. It’s a miracle we managed to make a £9m profit on Lookman to be honest with you. Not a single other Koeman/Walsh signing currently at the club will fetch a profit.

Sick and tired of hearing these excuses: "how do you expect him to sell this and that player?". Well he took the job on, didn't he? Do you think he told Moshiri in interview that he wouldn't be able to move players out because it's hard and it shouldn't be expected of him? Did he bollocks.

Given that he has NO INPUT on managerial decision making (I think we can all agree on that) moving players on represents one half of his job. He cant do it. All he can do is loan players out constantly and run down their contracts. WTF use is that to Everton?

How hard is it for you to understand that the two clowns REFUSE to leave the club? Brands has found clubs willing to take Niasse on and Oumar has openly rejected them, Martina has zero interest from any club despite his name being banded about all season

He just hasn't shifted players out in anything like the necessary volume, which he was hired to do.
Dave, my comment was not an excuse for Brands over Niasse.

Niasse is contracted tillJune when he becomes a free agent, to all intents and purposes, he is now.
Nobody in their right mind is willing to buy him and certainly not when, if they really want him, he can be signed for nothing in June.
Until then, he is quite clearly willing to just accept his contracted salary for doing sod all.

Pray enlighten us as to exactly how Brands or anybody else for that matter is/was expected to extract a fee for in this transfer window from anybody ?

You mention IGG and Lookman - both were in demand, and both wanted to move. IGG moved to further his career with a contender, Lookman because he didn't have what it takes to work hard and earn his place.

Sick and tired of hearing these excuses: "how do you expect him to sell this and that player?". Well he took the job on, didn't he? Do you think he told Moshiri in interview that he wouldn't be able to move players out because it's hard and it shouldn't be expected of him? Did he bollocks.

Given that he has NO INPUT on managerial decision making (I think we can all agree on that) moving players on represents one half of his job. He cant do it. All he can do is loan players out constantly and run down their contracts. WTF use is that to Everton?
This is nonsense mate. Can't even be bothered discussing it. To have a go at brands because he can't force another team to take players they don't want is absolute nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.