Marcel Brands DOF - then Board member as he was promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did the other clubs with average championship players like Baines, Cahill, Lescott (even though he was a Championship POTY when we got him I think?) and so on.

You can predict and analyse what's in front of you - at the time when we sold him to Wigan he was worth about 4m and was good in the Championship, he remained there for a reason, not like Wigan were backing off a million suitors.

He was decent for Fulham when he first went in, but wasn't exactly setting the world alight, and was fantastic last season, believe it or not in the Championship again. This year is his first 'leap' in development I'd say, and it's been about 4 years since we moved him on - players mature quite a lot in 4 years.

I'd say it was daft but because we had no real backups, not because of the money for which he was sold.
We have had 2 left backs on loan, never used....

I agree, but to sell him so cheaply was a disaster, plus I did mention the other under 23s not given any games .....
Cuz they're crap.

One player being bang average out of the lot doesn't mean anything other than Unsworth bullying the U23 league without producing any good first team players.

We have had 2 left backs on loan, never used....
And Godfrey at left back for half a year.

In the meantime Robinson was getting relegated with Wigan or something like.

Criminal we haven't replaced Baines/Digne and have no backup to Myko but honestly this lad would've been eaten alive last season for example, whereas he had time to progress and get better while his team dominates the Championship.

And Godfrey at left back for half a year.

In the meantime Robinson was getting relegated with Wigan or something like.

Criminal we haven't replaced Baines/Digne and have no backup to Myko but honestly this lad would've been eaten alive last season for example, whereas he had time to progress and get better while his team dominates the Championship.
Hes doing great at Fulham mate, far higher than we are....end of

I had to research with my older brother on the telephone - who was the idiot who sold our young USA left back Antonee Robertson to Wigan for a miserly £4 million - who then was purchased by Fulham for £11 million - who puts in a very good performance week in week out for them ...

It was Marcel Brands on his recommendation - rewarded then with a place on the Board - then sacked -

A typical Everton That moment if we have a board tolerating great young players to leave without getting a game for the first team our problems have been deep rooted ages ago .....

We just have a squad that is injury prone or past their best on big wages over 1/2 a billion spent when we had money - the Koeman /walsh DOF era was when most of the money was spent -

Who wanted a DOF = Moshiri......

It's been a disaster of anyone who has been appointed to that position IMO
Might be wrong but we had Baines, oviedo and garbutt, possibly Galloway as well, he had no chance of first team football, we have down graded slowly every year for 10 years , strangely the wage bill rises the worse we get.

I had to research with my older brother on the telephone - who was the idiot who sold our young USA left back Antonee Robertson to Wigan for a miserly £4 million - who then was purchased by Fulham for £11 million - who puts in a very good performance week in week out for them ...

It was Marcel Brands on his recommendation - rewarded then with a place on the Board - then sacked -

A typical Everton That moment if we have a board tolerating great young players to leave without getting a game for the first team our problems have been deep rooted ages ago .....

We just have a squad that is injury prone or past their best on big wages over 1/2 a billion spent when we had money - the Koeman /walsh DOF era was when most of the money was spent -

Who wanted a DOF = Moshiri......

It's been a disaster of anyone who has been appointed to that position IMO

Please let me proof read any further threads you post please Joey.

Stay off that chickpea bong whilst you’re at it.

Ps- he’s not all that.

There have been lots of situations where we’ve not given youth a chance.

See Bowler, Lookman, Vlasic, Robinson and you can argue it’s a poor move.

Then you’ve got the hundreds who we’ve kept on board who shouldn’t be near.

But ultimately, no one is magic. These players all needed game time and to Robinson, was he really getting in the side ahead of Baines? Or Digne? Probably not.

There’s lots to beat certain ex-employees up with, but maybe start with taking 2.5 years before asking the U23 to play like the first first.

There have been lots of situations where we’ve not given youth a chance.

See Bowler, Lookman, Vlasic, Robinson and you can argue it’s a poor move.

Then you’ve got the hundreds who we’ve kept on board who shouldn’t be near.

But ultimately, no one is magic. These players all needed game time and to Robinson, was he really getting in the side ahead of Baines? Or Digne? Probably not.

There’s lots to beat certain ex-employees up with, but maybe start with taking 2.5 years before asking the U23 to play like the first first.

Not sure that's entirely correct.

We bought them in the first place - Lookman a record fee for a player from league one at the time.

Lookman didn't cut it at other clubs - including Leicester.
Vlasic, likewise - including West Ham.

Sometimes players just aren't ready for the Prem. Lookman was agitating for a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.