Marcel Brands DOF - then Board member as he was promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we didn't, we sold him for sub-5m and Fulham bought him for even less - 2m. He was an average championship full back.

Shame no one bothered to spin up their crystal ball and see he'll develop to be an average prem footballer this year.

This is definitely not the right stick to beat Brands with lol
1 million is sub 5 million. Fulham bought him because he had a relegation release clause with Wigan in administration. The only reason the Milan move for 10 mil fell through was because he had a dicky heart. He's been an average prem player for 3 seasons now, it's quite literally the clubs job to see he could develop and they failed miserably.

1 million is sub 5 million. Fulham bought him because he had a relegation release clause with Wigan in administration. The only reason the Milan move for 10 mil fell through was because he had a dicky heart. He's been an average prem player for 3 seasons now, it's quite literally the clubs job to see he could develop and they failed miserably.
Some dicky heart, hes better than our current left back IMO .....

So did the other clubs with average championship players like Baines, Cahill, Lescott (even though he was a Championship POTY when we got him I think?) and so on.

You can predict and analyse what's in front of you - at the time when we sold him to Wigan he was worth about 4m and was good in the Championship, he remained there for a reason, not like Wigan were backing off a million suitors.

He was decent for Fulham when he first went in, but wasn't exactly setting the world alight, and was fantastic last season, believe it or not in the Championship again. This year is his first 'leap' in development I'd say, and it's been about 4 years since we moved him on - players mature quite a lot in 4 years.

I'd say it was daft but because we had no real backups, not because of the money for which he was sold.

So did the other clubs with average championship players like Baines, Cahill, Lescott (even though he was a Championship POTY when we got him I think?) and so on.

You can predict and analyse what's in front of you - at the time when we sold him to Wigan he was worth about 4m and was good in the Championship, he remained there for a reason, not like Wigan were backing off a million suitors.

He was decent for Fulham when he first went in, but wasn't exactly setting the world alight, and was fantastic last season, believe it or not in the Championship again. This year is his first 'leap' in development I'd say, and it's been about 4 years since we moved him on - players mature quite a lot in 4 years.

I'd say it was daft but because we had no real backups, not because of the money for which he was sold.
I do agree. It completely lacked any forward planning on what would happen if our 35 year old left back called it a day.

Whether he was an Avg. Championship player or avg. Prem player for the next 3 seasons weve saw a combo of Kenny, Godfrey, Delph and Nkounkou as our back up left backs and now Vinagre. I think maybe the club had grand designs on Small by this point but even if he had stayed that seems like it would've been a bad gamble.

I agree, but to sell him so cheaply was a disaster, plus I did mention the other under 23s not given any games .....

People finding new things to fume about. Never new Jedi was the second coming of Baines.
The lad moved on cos he wanted first team football, hes worked really hard and hes got himself an International career and is firmly a Premier League Left Back.

Its not that deep.

We should be more upset that Lookman is playing like a prime R9.

The lad moved on cos he wanted first team football, hes worked really hard and hes got himself an International career and is firmly a Premier League Left Back.

Its not that deep.

We should be more upset that Lookman is playing like a prime R9.
Exactly how many under 23s out on loan - ? I really hoped Frank would give them a chance - Bournemouth in the league cup was a great opportunity ..... to play at least 5 or so .....

Exactly how many under 23s out on loan - ? I really hoped Frank would give them a chance - Bournemouth in the league cup was a great opportunity ..... to play at least 5 or so .....
99% of them wont make it at this level.

For every Ant Robinson there are 50 Kieran Dowells.

Status
Not open for further replies.