Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disappointment. Affording the opposition far too much time in the final third. We need to press more and take care of the ball when we win it. James has been shocking. Need much better from him in the second half if we are to get anything from this game. By comparison, Andre Gomes has been a revelation the past couple games. There was a time whenever he challenged for the ball, I simply expected a foul. Now he is winning it well and looks so calm and cool in possession.

Both goals nobody closing down. Defensively we are not working as a unit. Kean very poor for the first goal
All the space in the world to do what they want from crosses and shots. Basic defending is stop the source.
James very poor. In fact he thinks he’s playing in red. Every pass he gives the ball away. I’d hook him at HT.

Dismal performance. Huge next 45 minutes. Need Digne, James and Doucoure to step up and start looking forward and take some responsibility.
If this continues, we will lose 4 or 5 nil and the season is over. Huge team talk from Carlo right now needed.
Please get Mina on for Keane too. Won’t happen I know.

Both their goals - how passive we are off the ball.

First one, Digne/Gomes - no press at all. Give them all the time in the world to pick a cross.
Second one. Madness - how's he being given that amount of time?
It's a flaw understanding who is supposed to cover it too. They're all looking at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.