Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worse thing about United's goal it was so preventable if we just pressured a bit more, Good finish with Pickford no chance of stopping it but so easily preventable specially after we silenced Martial/James/Rashford all game but I would have took a point before kick off with our bare bones squad so happy days.

I'm beginning to think Brands is being isolated a little at Everton.

Obviously none of us have a clue what goes on inside the club, which is probably a lot more prosaic and dull than we imagine.

But I can't imagine for one moment that Brands is pressuring managers footballing decisions to further his dealings in the ransfer market. That's self defeating.

Got to happy with a draw ... although it’s disappointing to have had the lead and not held it. And when, apart from the RS, the league is fairly open 2-6

Who would have thought Dunc was a tactical genius deploying Holgate in mid field rather than Mina who has played there before.
Almost a pity he doesn’t want the job (allegedly)

To be fair though the manager is the boss. If he's not happy, it's his call. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, so I can't say for sure either way.

Trouble is these days is that if players don't like a manager they use the passive aggressive approach. I can definitely imagine there are players in that team right now who want him gone.

If that is what Duncan suspected he was doing then I don't blame him, cause that sort of thing will ruin us...

But lets get behind him, because between Duncan and Keane, I can tell you which of the two, give more of a sh*t about Everton football club.
Kean not Keane !!

There was an element of luck in that result. I was very surprised not to get var'd for our goal at old Trafford. Nice to have a lucky general for a change

Reactions: Sy-

He's looked unfit since he arrived, because he's a 19-yr-old with no PL experience. It takes a lot to get up to speed.

There was no need for the change, Zat. None.
The only reason that substitution was made was that Kean was not following the manager's instructions, nothing else makes sense. If that was the case Ferguson did the right thing.

I find it amazing that, for some people, this kid is beyond criticism. Two managers have been pilloried for their use (or lack) of him. Maybe Kean is the problem. Why did a club with more prospects than us not take a chance on a Juventus wonderkid? Clearly he's a talented lad but equally clearly something isn't right with him here and wasn't right with him at Juve.

Just in from the game, well played lads had to battle hard at times, Holgate stood out for me, out of position but you wouldn’t have known. Have heard an interview afer the game from Ferguson and mentioned about Kean, any idea what actually happened?

The only reason that substitution was made was that Kean was not following the manager's instructions, nothing else makes sense. If that was the case Ferguson did the right thing.

I find it amazing that, for some people, this kid is beyond criticism. Two managers have been pilloried for their use (or lack) of him. Maybe Kean is the problem. Why did a club with more prospects than us not take a chance on a Juventus wonderkid? Clearly he's a talented lad but equally clearly something isn't right with him here and wasn't right with him at Juve.

Don't think he's beyond criticism at all.

But he hadn't done much wrong - to my eye at least - and given he'd been subbed on and there were four mins left, and he's struggling to adapt/with his confidence, and as Dunc has said was playing in an unfamiliar role, I think it's right to question the change

Status
Not open for further replies.