Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy with what I saw yesterday. Had a go all the way through and unlike previous seasons when we we were 2-0 behind we showed belief we could still get something from the game and had a go. Great to see us making positive changes even if I personally thought they were ten minutes too late.
It’s clear as day that Silva has worked the team very hard on the training pitch. We look solid defending set pieces and seem to be able to change tactics mid game which I honestly can’t remember one of our managers being able to do in years.

There were some encouraging signs .

However I am far from sure that Richarlison has the apptitude to play centrally and it will be interesting to see if Silva has the balls to drop Walcott.
Cant see Walcott starting the next game. Couple of below par performances. We have the depth now and MS will want to keep pressure on starting XI

That was never a :rant: penalty - not getting given down the other end in a month of Sundays.

Showed some decent incisive movement and created enough chances but were too often let down by the final ball - crap crosses or shots when the pass was the better option.

Utd were ripe for the plucking. I hope EFC players are rueful this morning.

I missed the game unfortunately but the consistent feedback I am getting is that Coleman is still not back to his old high standard and Walcott needs benching.

I did see Pickfords pen save on tv later and, given how good he is at saving pens, I would have expected our defenders to have been first to any rebound. Maybe I am being a little harsh.

There seems to be definite signs of progress but always with one or two weak areas in any, otherwise strong, team we put out.

Clearly, more quality signings are required at right back and cf.

this has probably been said numerous times on this thread b4 but why do we have to listen to Man Utd's Gary Neville commentate on our game against Man Utd....and then spout his biased opinions on the game which every neutral takes as gospel. The 4 or 5 replays of the penalty I was shouting 'he got the ball' at the TV but Gary informed us it was a stone wall pen. On the about the 5th replay he pipes up with ' oh he did actually get some of the ball there....but it doesn't matter'. How does it not matter!?

this has probably been said numerous times on this thread b4 but why do we have to listen to Man Utd's Gary Neville commentate on our game against Man Utd....and then spout his biased opinions on the game which every neutral takes as gospel. The 4 or 5 replays of the penalty I was shouting 'he got the ball' at the TV but Gary informed us it was a stone wall pen. On the about the 5th replay he pipes up with ' oh he did actually get some of the ball there....but it doesn't matter'. How does it not matter!?

Because it's Man utd mate.

..I think there might be two reasons; the lack of quality we have in our CF options (Niasse, Tosun and DCL) meant Richarlison was worth a try; also, playing Richarlison CF allowed Silva to shoehorn Bernard into the team

I said at the time, I was not a fan of playing Richarlison CF because you lose lots of his effectiveness even if he might arguably be an improvement on the other CF options.

Personally, i’d be playing Richarlison on the left.

Agreed. Even if DCL/Tosun don’t always have the required quality themselves, they’re at the very least a good foil for the 3 behind them who can then be at their most effective.

Hopefully we revert back to that for the Brighton game.

What are the chances of martial being punished for diving like niasse was.

Terrible ref, gueye got the ball, and smalling should have seen a second yellow for his part in our penalty.

What are the chances of martial being punished for diving like niasse was.

Terrible ref, gueye got the ball, and smalling should have seen a second yellow for his part in our penalty.

No chance there'll be retrospective action taken against him mate.

On a second yellow for Smalling, as the ref judged it as a pen, Gana then should have got a second yellow and been sent off.

I’m happy generally with yesterday - think our front three need to gel a bit more, but they’re getting there. Right back is a genuine worry though. All in all if the ref wasn’t Moss we get at least a point out of that (maybe more if Smalling gets the red he should have had) Away at OT that’s not awful

We missed a couple of really good chances, they didn’t miss chances, but rather Pickford saved it. The ref had a stinker, and definitely contributed to our lul in the game with that shocking penalty award. Overall I don’t think we deserved to win, but we didn’t deserve to lose either.

Leaps and bounds better YoY performance. Leaps and bounds.

Watched the SSN review of yesterdays game earlier. Dennis Wise and some scouse girl were the studio guests, and they focused on the game for a good 10/15 minutes. However all of it, and I do mean ALL of it, was from a United perspective. Mostly about Pogba and his penalty run up, but also focusing on Lukaku being dropped and Martial's form. Not one word on whether Martial dived, or whether Gana got the ball, or even on Pickford's absolutely world class save. Nothing on a second yellow for Smalling or on Everton taking the game to United at old Trafford. Absolutely disgraceful biased coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.