Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two mid table side engage in 'we can lose it better than you' contest. Home team narrowly hangs on to points, aided and abetted by comical defending, bang average heading of the ball and awful refereeing...all served with a side order of running the ball to the corner flag in Fergie Time.

In other news; the top 4 and the bottom 6 will be tight this season, but that won't effect either of today's protagonists with both teams still...and I may be being a bit kind to both here...the traditional '3 players away' from a decent team.

[Poor language removed] hate United, just like Liverpool no matter what fortune favours them. Spawny, spawny gets.

How Smalling stayed on the pitch is just unbelievable, shocking refereeing.

an entirely predictable outcome...sadly.If there's a team that is more often on the wrong side of dodgy reffing than Everton, I've yet to see it.
We won't get any points from our next away games leading up to Chrimbo, but we'll do well at home over the same period.

The battle for 7th between us, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester and Wolves will be intense...

an entirely predictable outcome...sadly.If there's a team that is more often on the wrong side of dodgy reffing than Everton, I've yet to see it.
We won't get any points from our next away games leading up to Chrimbo, but we'll do well at home over the same period.

The battle for 7th between us, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester and Wolves will be intense...
We really haven't been far away against United and Arsenal. These coming up are harder but it's too early to give up on them. We can cause Chelsea problems going forward and the RS haven't been the same threat as last year but we can't go behind as they still do well in open games.

..fabulous pass by Richarlison for the Bernard chance but I know what you mean.
Yeah, that was great and the commentators called it out. Problem is that they only called it out cos he previous ones had been dire. He'll often keep the ball too long and get crowded out or lose it under his feet, shoot instead of passing (when passing would be objectively better), and can from time-to-time just roll the ball right to the opposition.

In his current form I'd rather see us start Lookman over him and restructure the attack accordingly...

Football is hindsight. If either of the shots went in then no one would be saying that. If he passed and it was messed up then people would be saying he should have shot.

It’s Norns hindsight tho is it? It’s makimg the wrong decisions In games constantly . Siggy for all the crap he takes on here, rarely chooses the wrong ball, Walcott gets tunnel vision and we are now talking of two away games against the top 6 ( old top six) where we should have been ahead before the opposition scored ( arsenal) and another in which we had 3 golden opportunities Bernard and Walcott x 2, to pass to a team mate that would more than likely have seen us score at least two goals . These two matches could have given us another 4 points possibly more, the two shocking referee decisions didn’t help but even then our decision making or greediness whatever you want to call it , has cost us against two teams we hardly ever beat .

No point having pace if you dont have a brain or quality to go with it

Remeber jesper greonkear ( spelling) he would constantly rip players to bits and constantly screw all his good work by slicing his crosses out of play. Traore from boro is exactly the same.

My son's first game today. Sat in the United end. Well done the lads making the noise at the start and the end.

Definitely a work in progress. Get someone who can slot up top. Sort out the right hand side, as Coleman looks distinctly average. Gomes coming more and more into it. Didn't capitulate like some previous games against the big fish of the premier league. Keep on seeing progress like this every week and eventually the results will come.

There were some encouraging signs .

However I am far from sure that Richarlison has the apptitude to play centrally and it will be interesting to see if Silva has the balls to drop Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.