Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Fine footballer

Votes: 151 58.5%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 56 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just spoken to a Utd fan who went to the game. He was surprised how much quieter our support was compared to previous visits (understandable in current climate). But his biggest surprise was the subbing of Deulofeu, he said all the fans around him were made up because he looked to be the only one who was capable of getting us back in the game. And he moans about LVG as much as we do about Martinez.

As there is nothing positive to say about yesterday's match as such I would like to share my postives: First of all, after Adam18 scamming me and thinking I had lost 150 Euros (which is still true) and wasn't going to the match at all I got to go after all thanks to this forum and in particular to "The Rat": When parking up I'm sure we saw Kevin Sheedy trotting to the ground, before the match we got photobombed by Speedomick which was really funny and the chanting and loud support at the beginning of the match was fabulous. I haven't experienced happy Everton fans all season as I missed both Chelsea home games and this was only my second away game this season so that was very uplifting. There was a little boy next to me who came all the way from Essex and it was so nice to see his love and enthusiasm for the club. Bainsey clapping the away fans and giving the thumbs up twice before his first corner was great and I very much appreciated John Stones actually clapping the fans for quite a while while others gave a half-hearted little clap or none whatsoever.

Did anyone else think the surface yesterday was awful too. Can't count how many times I saw people slip and lose their footing!

The Final Word.
Does anyone agree with them around the 3 minute mark this now has the feel of the Walter Smith end about it?

Thats just another offtopic post in a non Martinez related thread. I even stated that even if we had another manager brought in, he would make a marquee signing.

If you have followed some of my posts recently i think we need alot of new players. The young ones are fine as either signed by Martinez or developed by him to suit.

The fullbacks arent good enough defensively
Barry playing means 2 players for one role.
Besic injured means no dominant centre midfielder
There is no Yarmolenko on the left.

Also Bained/Coleman simply look weak unless they have midfield cover. Baines had this with Pienaar before and Coleman with Lennon....we are trying to play with wide attacking midfielders yet not with the correct personel. This could be blamed on Martinez of course but i think hes got his style and players need to fit into it.

I think if Baines was able to play central midfield like they were talking about we would have Oviedo or another left back....if Byram was signed i think Coleman would be on the bench.

I envisage a "breaking point" this summer where we hve players leaving as expected but also a few surprises as Martinez will be embarrassed by the league position and want his own players in now he has the money.

As long as we finish mid table with 2 cup semis (minimum) i think moshiri will keep him on.
I,am gonna counter this as simple as possible, the problem lies with the coaching demands at an early level of young kids when they try to develope those kids as any position players.

Back in my day playing and watching (I,m 54) weather it was Everton, Leeds. Liverpool, Utd, Burnley, QPR, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Fulham, West Ham etc early 70,s all those legends knew their job on the pitch.

In short, coach a kid in a position where hes happy and not where you think he should play.
It,s tragedy how apprentice,s fall through the net from academy,s , imagine some clown thought Messi would make a better keeper than a forward?

Just to point out,for what it's worth, Neither Mosiri or Kenwright was at Old Trafford,
Elstone & Woods where there,maybe wrong but could be they are not unduly worried,
Thoughts .

This is exactly what I have been thinking. I reckon he has lost the players.1st time last night while watching Everton in OZ or anywhere in the world in fact that I had enough at half time.I didnt see any desire in the players..Ashamed to say I turned the laptop off at half time but it has come to this
We look clueless

Yeah, I've sat through the worst quality of Wi fi pixelated internet crap in the wee small hours for the GOT. on Sunday I was in an awesome pub with glorious 4k TV, turned my back....

The worst thing Martinez has done is to set expectations for mediocrity, you don't need to watch too know what neglect of defence, tactics, fitness and man mgt will produce.

LOVE everton, LOATHE Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.