• Fine footballer

Votes: 151 58.5%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 56 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just... wow.

Thing is, we've seen the pair defend brilliantly before.

It feels like Martinez's lack of emphasis on defense has trickled down into the player's mindsets. Potentially the difference between managers that do lots of defensive drills (Moyes) and those who don't. Could you imagine Seamus doing that with Moyes here?

We're not as good as we thought, that's all. I just hope we can keep up our cup form, win it, and start again next season
with a different mindset and some new faces.

Don't agree with this at all. You're as good as your teamwork. Us being poor results wise doesn't mean our players aren't as good as we think, because it's a team game. Leicester's players were mostly ones battling relegation or fighting for promotion over the past few years. Now suddenly they're on course to win the league. They're still the same players, but with better management and an unrivalled level of team cohesion.

Of course there's a margin of improvement and gauging player ability isn't an exact science. But let's put it this way... in a race between an F1 driver in a Ford Fiesta and a blind man in a Bugatti, I'd put all my dosh on the Fiesta to win. But I'd still rather spend my winnings on the Bugatti!

I usually hate international breaks, but it was nice having a break from the shambles that I have to endure under this current form. Before I get going I want to make it clear that up to this point I was 100% behind the manager. I really like Roberto, I think he's fundamentally a good man who only wants the best for our club.

The scoreline doesn't fairly represent exactly how poor we were on Sunday. The team lacked any kind of shape whatsoever, and I've not seen that kind of disjointed performance since the end of Walter Smith's tenure. I watched the game with the missus (supports Porto) who was shocked at the complete lack of cohesion in the team.

I'm worried about the future of the club. We couldn't string 5 passes together, there was absolutely no urgency whatsoever, and the general quality of football was abysmal. I don't believe that we have a terrible squad, I honestly believe that the likes of Cleverly, Lennon and Mirallas are decent Premier League footballers - but in our current system they're failing.

Roberto Martinez needs to sort this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.