Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Carlo to what 25 years of achieving sweet FA does to the psychological make up of a once giant club.

In light of that morale sapping performance can I just ask you to do just one thing then. I'm only asking cos u r one of the best managers ever.

Just wake us up...

Are you sure about the 11 secs mate or has it got quicker as the years have past be honest with the internet.
No Billy, I was clocked that in the school’s athletic meet. I wasn’t fastest though: Gary Henley Smith (who was fullback in the team) won in 10.8 secs...he went on to win the nationals and later was NZ’s fastest at 10.6 secs .
By the way Billy, it was a rugby team that swept all before it. Two All Blacks came out of it...
Anyway, enough of my reminiscing: how fast could you run Billy?
I’m imagining if you were as quick on your feet as you are as quick witted now, you would have set some astonishing 100m times.

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to BBC Match Of The Day:
"Honestly Manchester City played a really good game and we stayed in the game until the end. At the end City deserved to win - they were better than us. We were too shy in the first half, we had the possession but we were not able to find the solutions.

"In the second half we showed good spirit, now we have to look forward for the next game. We have a difficult game now against Liverpool and we have to keep our spirit. We need time to work and adjust things which are not good. After that game we have time to train to be a better team."

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to BT Sport:
"We played great so I am delighted for the guys. This period is so tough. We did really well. Three more points and closer to Leicester.
"When you are far away from the first position sometimes people give up, but we never give up. We have to keep going. We have FA Cup then the EFL Cup. Other teams dropped points for the top four so it was an important win."
Article Reactions

The result wasn’t a total surprise, but the performance was. Gave them far too much respect. Ancelotti knows what he’s up against, he will have learnt an awful lot today (like he said he would do) hopefully we shall see it in the short term with a creative midfielder brought in this window.

We were bad and yet only one goal in it, there is that. Injuries have really not helped us this season.

Oh, and regardless of the afterlife consequences, I can categorically state Jesus really annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.