Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They played through us easily enough. We would not have survived 90 minutes like that. Highlights why the midfield is so important to fix.
which as ive said for me in a way,go for it,as we expected defeat really,nothing to lose playing like we did the last 20mins,rather play like that whole game trying for the win instead of trying for the draw,then going for it when we are 2 down,city were always going to up there game

Didnt look good on both goals. Hasnt got the legs on the first and the second he is beaten easily on the near post. Thats championship level my friend.

Hes started to cost us points which is a sign that it's not going to end well. With a new manager I think Pickfords time will be up soon.

.....sadly, it looked like a game we turned up expecting to lose. Tiredness might have played a part, but a number of key players who have done well recently disappointed (Sidebe, Richarlison and Holgate). Bit disappointed with attitude.

Thought Coleman did ok, but a sign of his position in the pecking order when he was brought off and Sidebe stayed on. Throughout the match, I thought Mina displayed attitude and performed ok, he gets my MoM.

Whether they expected to or not I don´t know, but the fact is City are a few levels above us. You can change the manager but you can´t change the fact that even when they rest a few players they are comfortably the better team.

To Carlo, with some of the players he has at present
Don Carlo already knows, he's one of the best manager's in the game! He'll of known that long before he took the job, or laid eyes on the team. Everyone with a brain already knew prior to today that we had loads of work to do. Only the cyber bedwetters didn't know that because they have the memory of a goldfish!

which as ive said for me in a way,go for it,as we expected defeat really,nothing to lose playing like we did the last 20mins,rather play like that whole game trying for the win instead of trying for the draw,then going for it when we are 2 down,city were always going to up there game
I think we had a better chance to win doing what we did than trying to play like the last 20 for the whole game. We just lacked quality when we did get the ball. But I don't think the tactics were wrong on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.