Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...bit like a friendly. City’s weakness is at the back yet we’re not trying to exploit it. I’d be wanting us to get the ball beyond their back four and let DCL and Richarlison trouble the defenders.

Play like we’re playing and you think it’s just a matter of time. We need some threat.

Spot on.

Im hoping the plan was to get the game to h/t then go for it...

Lets see...

Looks like our plan is to frustrate them and try and hit them on the break and win corners. So far it's going OK, not fantastic. Coleman keeps getting the ball and running in circles, which is bugging me
Siggy doesnt show for the ball. They press well and our players seem to hide behind them

Have to go direct. Cant understand passing it around the back. Delph at least is trying to pass it forward. The rest of midfield have been woeful.
Happy with 0_0 . They will unleash their bench for a 2 goal win.

Tom davis looks awkward there. I'd have dropped back Richy instead of bernard and put kean up top. Ricky can dribble down wing and give us some territory
Reckon we’ll see that around 60.

We need to improve goin forward . But we have frustrated them and will now mean they have to come at us more leaving more chance to hit them on the break.
Carlo will tweak things at half time.
Said before the game a draw be a great result. Still stands.
7 of that city team would be starters for us every week.

Hope Carlo gives them a rocket if, as suggested, hes been vocal about the back passing lark. We may as well go long ball and bypass the midfield as theres noone there capable of a creative through ball..or even retaining possession. Hopefully, the aimless ambling about will stop and they'll step up a gear and lets see if Delph and Davies have had a forward gear transplant at half time.

Davies playing a Gattuso role seems perfect for him. He still makes some shocking decisions. Love the tactics. 10/10 from Carlo for me. Sidibe play like tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.