Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t turn up today, expected a bit better but equally it’s not even worth worrying about. At the start of a very long road and a lot of the players who played today won’t be starting when we get where we need to be.

Bad performance, doesn't look to bad on paper, they should have won by more. Need to play very different against Liverpool in the cup. We need a commanding midfielder quick.

Granted City are far superior all over the pitch and on the bench, but Claudio has now seen how substandard our players really are. Backwards sideways and backward in a mind numbing first half. I doubt if Sigurdsson will get his place back he is so awful. On the plus side it is surely unlikely that Claudio can afford not to sign two players to improve this squad.

Claudio?

Not good enough regardless of the opposition. Never expected to win but expected to be able to put a decent effort and performance in and to be able to at the very least pass the ball to a team mate. Really poor and Carlo has seen the other side of this team tonight which is probably the only good thing to come out of it.

Team looked drained of all confidence. Couldn't string 2 passes together. Awful performance to a City side that looked very average.

Felt sorry for Carlo, let down by our players. They were so scared of city they forgot to play. If they weren't so defeatist we would have won that.

Is it me we didn’t play well but we seemed to play within ourselves tonight. That in part could be down to tiredness or equally as likely, the players know what is at stake at the weekend. I won’t tolerate this on Sunday and neither will Ancelotti I feel.

I liked the game. Despite the defeat. There was no this limp football.
Don Carlo has just begun work. If the composition is updated in the summer. I am sure we will see another football.

Not a great day for us but a patched-up team were only beaten 2-1 on the day. Plenty of room for improvement from Ancelotti over the next few transfer windows (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.