Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we had 3 tall CB's playing it was disappointing to concede 2 headed goals like we did. Quality crosses admittedly.
And the 1st goal was of our own doing.Obviously expected City to take some of their chances and wasn't expecting us to get a result.
And, we missed a couple of decent chances. Not despondent by any means.
The two home draws have hurt us more.

city just too good for us. loads for marco to work on yet. thought mina and sigurdsson were poor, walcott offers nothing, either when he starts or off the bench. decent striker badly needed and i would go back to zouma/ keane partnership next week. not all negative though, at least we're creating chances. its the newcastle/ watford matches i'm more disappointed in than today.

Thought Walcott did well when he came on barring the miss.................but then again I don't hate him.

The losses will continue to mount up against better opposition....that is a norm. We could always try and close shop to get a draw but usually ends up in defeat also. We are miles behind still at the moment but are setting up to have a go at least which is the only way forward to what we are trying to achieve.

But the thing is that playing a back-5 is not 'having a go' especially when their centre-forward is not a target man but one
who lives off through passes from the midfield.

Silva had to play Davies today from the off and let Gilfi play his normal game. They had nearly 70% possession!!

But the thing is that playing a back-5 is not 'having a go' especially when their centre-forward is not a target man but one
who lives off through passes from the midfield.

Silva had to play Davies today from the off and let Gilfi play his normal game. They had nearly 70% possession!!

and we had 3 clear cut chances and scored one. Could and should have had at least 3 goals. I am not saying have a go gun ho style but pick your moments against better opposition and if we converted then the outcome could have been so different so like I said we had a go.

City did to us what we should have been doing to Newcastle / Watford. They broke us down / created turnovers / finished chances.....If we want to break into that top group , we need to be able to finish off the other mid table squads and take 3 points. With that comes the confidence , belief and ability to take on the big boys. Work in progress......

Easy to say such things when you brush another team aside with relative ease.

Thanks for the 'praise' Pep.
Pat, pat from Pep, disgusting.
Patronising guff
Patronising imo , what is a top side? I would assume a side near the top of the table ? A team capable of beating other top sides? We aren’t sadly and we don’t even have a striker
Can’t stand him, me.

We're the only side to proper have his kecks off since coming to England. He respects the Bloos.

Hang your heads in shame.

Considering we had 3 tall CB's playing it was disappointing to concede 2 headed goals like we did. Quality crosses admittedly.
And the 1st goal was of our own doing.Obviously expected City to take some of their chances and wasn't expecting us to get a result.

One too many, we needed a strong defensive MF, where was Gueye?

They prevented them playing through the middle and we got done on our right flank with perfect on the head crosses. Stirling and Jesus just got into the gap between them and those perfect crosses did us.

We're the only side to proper have his kecks off since coming to England. He respects the Bloos.

Hang your heads in shame.

You really think we look like a “top side” ? We couldn’t string 2 passes together for 70mins, we made mistakes in both boxes and had 29% possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.