Match Thread Manchester City(1) Vs Everton(2) - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 2nd Leg - Weds 27th Jan - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think I'll ever see Everton win anything

Not blaming Martinez for that tonight. City were just too good for us

They bring Kevin De Bryune on as a substitute.

We bring on Kone

Of course they beat us

They were also helped massively by a referee mate... I hate been the one to moan for all the stick we give the RS about it, but it's beyond a joke.

Anyway, De Bruyne is a quality player and he showed up for them tonight. They got very lucky for their first two goals, even though they were unlucky that they hit the post twice. Then again, De Bruyne also cost as much (if not more) as the entire team we put out tonight.

Del should have scored to make it 2-1 as well. Really poor miss from him.

We started to go really negative after the changes robbed us of any pace or balance. The leaky defence was leaky. Nobody was surprised.

Why do we put up with so much pain with this club?
Our sadistic fans have already sold out our next 2 aways at Carlisle and Stoke.

Over the initial disappointment now. Seen it all before and get pretty good at just binning it into the distant memory with the rest of them.

most of us knew what was going to happen. False sense of hope until being undone by something cruel. It's what i wrote before the match started, hey ho ... erm FA Cup? Nah, something dodgy will go against us again.

Poor Moyes only had to get a couple of poor results and a poll started to get him gone, now we have Martinez who's results are aw full most of the time, and haven't really improved much over the last year or so and some people still want him here, he's had long enough.

Why though did we totally give up trying when we only needed 1 goal, to get us back in it.

We didn't though...

City scored with a very lucky deflection from a pot-shot that Joel had covered - that came from us conceding the ball high upfield looking to start an attack. They then, naturally, went at us and they pushed us back. A £700million team pushed us back - at they're home ground - because they had the confidence of scoring. We couldn't get out because if we had they'd have killed us and the game would have been over by half time.

We weathered that storm excellently, with a bit of luck I will admit, and finished the second half on the front foot and Rom should have scored (even though it wouldn't have counted as Atkinson was playing for them tonight).

Then, we had Del's chance that he should have put away. No excuses.

They pushed us back and we needed to make subs as the legs were going for Ossie and Del. So we did. We made the change of McCarthy to add power to the midfield, and the change of Kone to stop Rom being isolated - that was an attacking change.

They hit the post, but that was their only real chance before Atkinson/lino failed to do their/his job and City got that goal.

From there, we never recovered and a bit of top class play from De Bruyne to get the ball in and top class movement from Aguero (the best striker in the country by a country mile) got the better of Jags and Stones.

That was that.

The game changed on another terrible decision by the referee/officials.

Player Ratings:

Robles: 7
Stones: 3
Jagielka: 5
Funes Mori: 7
Baines: 4.5
Cleverley: 2
Barry: 6
Osman: 5.5
Barkley: 7 (8 BUT he was off the field when needed)
Deulofeu: 6.5
Lukaku: 4

Status
Not open for further replies.