Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon getting all sorts of pelters which, in my opinion, is a bit harsh. He wasn’t the most mobile but occupied their centre halves which allowed us to be a bit more effective from the wings and driving from midfield. He’s not the man we wanted, he’s not fit and maybe even not good enough but he’s a team player who put a shift in and was part of a very effective team performance.
Stop talking sense

Just back from the game. Probably one of the most enjoyable away days I’ve done in a long while. A great second half performance by a depleted team, playing some really good football and showing some real grit, determination and togetherness.

Only disappointment is I’ve just seen the replay of the disallowed goal. I didn’t even celebrate when it went in as I thought Davies was a mile offside, and then Mina was offside too. Now know that Davies was onside. Why didn’t he just shoot himself FFS.

Oh well, great performance, so can’t be too disappointed with 2 points dropped.

When you look at their bench versus ours today, we could’ve been excused a loss with the “knife to a gun fight” theme we’ve had in the past. Wasn’t even close to some of the defensive and negative tactics we’ve seen before. Brilliant to see.
Confidence from the manager that the lads can do the job.
We haven't seen our right wing do that sort of defensive work for a long long time. Love to know how far Andros and Doucs ran.
Digne and Allan were also brilliant.
Hope that puts the dreaded 5 at the back to bed.

I've watch the short highlights on youtube, and I think some of the disparaging comments in this thread against Davies are a little harsh.

As I see it, and this would be about a second's worth of time, he was clear on goal with De Gea having to come towards him to narrow the angles. Sees the blue shirt alongside and judges that player is in a far better position to score. Davies unselfishly play him in, and he duly scores. However Mina had been going like a train which carried him offside. Had he been a tad slower, it would have been perfection, ripping the Manc defence to score.

Unfortunately Davies was thinking 'team' rather than 'self'...

Thanks for all the updates today very much appreciated. I got a visitor at the end that's why I stopped replying.
You're welcome mate, the visitor wasn't Mila Kunis was it?

I went out and got proper sauced, she never showed up.

Now Mrs. B.T keeps mentioning where the spare blankets and pillows are kept, but I can't for the life of me see who is coming to stay.

You're welcome mate, the visitor wasn't Mila Kunis was it?

I went out and got proper sauced, she never showed up.

Now Mrs. B.T keeps mentioning where the spare blankets and pillows are kept, but I can't for the life of me see who is coming to stay.

No she never showed up here. You've done a good job if you are home before 10. Then again leave town to the young uns who will be pee drinking before hitting the town!

Reasonable point all in all perhaps could have won it but we go into the international break in a decent position. Some bigger challenges to come no doubt.

Just back from the game. Probably one of the most enjoyable away days I’ve done in a long while. A great second half performance by a depleted team, playing some really good football and showing some real grit, determination and togetherness.

Only disappointment is I’ve just seen the replay of the disallowed goal. I didn’t even celebrate when it went in as I thought Davies was a mile offside, and then Mina was offside too. Now know that Davies was onside. Why didn’t he just shoot himself FFS.

Oh well, great performance, so can’t be too disappointed with 2 points dropped.
Sounded like great away support on the telly

No she never showed up here. You've done a good job if you are home before 10. Then again leave town to the young uns who will be pee drinking before hitting the town!

Reasonable point all in all perhaps could have won it but we go into the international break in a decent position. Some bigger challenges to come no doubt.
More than reasonable point, the performance was there and we outworked them. I'm made up with the boys for once.

Yeah, I had to call it a night because I've got an early start tomorrow and too many amateurs out and about.

How you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.