Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
McGuire out for them and Shaw potentially as well is a help.

I think Richarlison plays.

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan Doucoure
Townsend Richarlison Gray
Rondon

Begovic Kenny Holgate Branthwaite Davies Gordon Iwobi Dobbin.

That team at its best can snatch a point - but think it'll be similar to the Villa game, hold on, have some chances on the break, but ultimately, 2-0 to United.

I will always believe we can win. My team if they are all available.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan Doucoure
Townsend Iwobi Gray
Rondon

Subs
Begovic Kenny Keane Branthwaite Davies Gomes Gordon Dobbin Simms

That could also be 3-4-3 with Iwobi as RWB that's not me being a WUM it was suggested in the Iwobi thread earlier. It would be a curve ball and could catch them with no game plan to deal. If Gomes is unfit promote Price to the bench for match day experience. Please no more 2 keepers.
Has Iwobi ever headed a ball? He might have to in a back 5.

I don't want Richarlison to play because I'd like him to not travel to Brazil for the qualifiers next week and it'll be harder to say he's hurt. Honestly he might not even be hurt that bad and we're just giving him a bit of rest.

I will always believe we can win. My team if they are all available.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan Doucoure
Townsend Iwobi Gray
Rondon

Subs
Begovic Kenny Keane Branthwaite Davies Gomes Gordon Dobbin Simms

That could also be 3-4-3 with Iwobi as RWB that's not me being a WUM it was suggested in the Iwobi thread earlier. It would be a curve ball and could catch them with no game plan to deal. If Gomes is unfit promote Price to the bench for match day experience. Please no more 2 keepers.
The problem is it doesn't matter if they are surprised if the system is terrible for our players. They won't have a plan for a 2-3-5 either but I doubt we'd win the game doing it.

The problem is it doesn't matter if they are surprised if the system is terrible for our players. They won't have a plan for a 2-3-5 either but I doubt we'd win the game doing it.

3-4-3 is a viable formation with them players. Not a favoured use of them but every single one of them has played in the position they ate allocated to play. Personally I would prefer the 4 at the back option as it gives Mina and Godfrey the opportunity to start playing together at CB and more than likely Iwobi will fail in his preferred position of number 10. So he will be then hopefully be out the first team consideration for good. 2-3-5 would be ridiculous as no one has ever played it. You kind of diminished any intelligence in your point by making that kind of remark.

3-4-3 is a viable formation with them players. Not a favoured use of them but every single one of them has played in the position they ate allocated to play. Personally I would prefer the 4 at the back option as it gives Mina and Godfrey the opportunity to start playing together at CB and more than likely Iwobi will fail in his preferred position of number 10. So he will be then hopefully be out the first team consideration for good. 2-3-5 would be ridiculous as no one has ever played it. You kind of diminished any intelligence in your point by making that kind of remark.
Every single time we play 3 CBs we're disjointed and crap

I don't want Richarlison to play because I'd like him to not travel to Brazil for the qualifiers next week and it'll be harder to say he's hurt. Honestly he might not even be hurt that bad and we're just giving him a bit of rest.
Pretty sure he wasn’t in the squad that was announced for Brazil

'Hey Bill, this is one of those expected losses I was on about'.
farhad_moshiri_everton_owner_l_and_bill_kenwright_everton_chairm_613891.jpg

their defense after those injuries is utter dross. Townsend and Gray should feast on those fullbacks. Their midfield two of Mctominay and Fred is awful too. Only issue is they have the best attack in world football apart from PSG. and our defense is horrendous. expecting a goalfest.
3-2 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.