Votes: 39 21.2%
  • A long time poster and valued contributer on GOT

Votes: 66 35.9%
  • A very very far mammal

Votes: 79 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was leaning forward and his head and shoulders were in an offside position, but his feet and legs were definitely onside. I agree that Williams looked like he was trying to head the ball, but it struck his arm, so a definite penalty. Red card may be harsh as I didn't think there was intent, but then again, Williams didn't argue it, so maybe he did intend it and tried to disguise it?
I'm still trying to wonder where the ref got 4 minutes of added time though

From Rule 11:
Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
So he was offside when the ball was kicked.

I was screaming from the 80th minute to run the ball down to the corner flag and wind down the clock, rather than look for the second, very niave play once Barkley was substituted.

Laughing Boy interviewed post match by BT sport last night: "Of course, you sign up for the point before the game".

'kin ell. I wonder what message that sends out to players?

From Rule 11:
Offside position

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
Yes, as his head and shoulder were ahead of the defender, he was offside.

Ps- it is law 11, not rule 11.

From Rule 11:
Offside position

I still think they got that call wrong. He was onside but also fouled the hell out of pennington.

Laughing Boy interviewed post match by BT sport last night: "Of course, you sign up for the point before the game".

'kin ell. I wonder what message that sends out to players?

I'm not sure that what he says in a post match interview would be the same as what he says in the team talk. But if that makes him a worse manager than Martinez then so be it.

I'm not sure that what he says in a post match interview would be the same as what he says in the team talk. But if that makes him a worse manager than Martinez then so be it.
Personally I never want to hear an Everton manager talking about signing up for a point before any match against anyone anywhere.

What is the difference between Koeman saying that and Moyes talking about bringing knives to gunfights?

Problem is though mate Koeman has to also appease the fans, and whilst things are going well he will mostly get away with criticism from what he says in his post match interviews, but at the end of the day we're not the most tolerant bunch of fans if we think we're being fobbed off with any old pony ("proud of the performance" in the derby) and he'll only get away with it for so long if we keep getting more of the same after a defeat. I love my manager to say it how he see's it, obviously not slate the players to death in public but say it how we all see it, supposedly straight talking was a characteristic of Koeman's and that's why I liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.