Votes: 39 21.2%
  • A long time poster and valued contributer on GOT

Votes: 66 35.9%
  • A very very far mammal

Votes: 79 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better subs as said we would have gotten a second. Id love to see what DCL is doing in training coz I don't see it at the moment.
Barry , Gana and Jags immense. Interesting to see what comes out today about Williams having a go at Rom the whole second half

On reflection it's most definitely a point gained for us and two dropped for them. West Brom losing last night means a step closer to Europe too.

Leicester is a big one.

We can beat anyone at home but need to make sure we don't let any momentum slip.

We've gone to Anfield and OT and come away with a point.

Not the best, but we were 30 seconds and a moment of panic away from three points and sitting in fifth.

Lessons to learn from both. Beat Leicester and hopefully that puts the Baggies to bed.

On reflection it's most definitely a point gained for us and two dropped for them. West Brom losing last night means a step closer to Europe too.

I am still reflecting Mike and still getting a feeling in the pit of my stomach because two points were dropped with the last kick of the ball :(

I'm sure its already been stated and by no means excusing last nights subs, which were poor decisions. But they were able to bring on what must be nearly £150 million in 3 players along with the £40 million Martial - where we brought on two young lads, our other options from the bench weren't exactly game changers and again mostly youth.

It's just one of the huge chasims we need to try and bridge between ourselves and the likes of Utd over the next few years, quality in depth. We must spend money this summer on established players.

Still can't believe we never took all 3 points .On the plus great performance from the boys .....fans were amazing last night ...Bad decision to take off kev he was a real threat on the break he was the only one who kept going forward on the counter .If Ross broke away which he'd did a few times he get to their box then slow it down same with Davis..One criticism Ronald should keep kev on when he's playing well, but all said and done COYB.

Indeed.

Context is everything.

Sure, after Saturday's debacle a fighting draw at OT would have been an outcome we would have gladly accepted before kick off.

But to be pegged back by a penalty equaliser in the last of 94 minutes?

It just feels like a defeat :mad:
Exactly how I feel.

Coupled with a massive sense of frustration that the same bunch of players who turned in a good performance last night completely failed to turn up last Saturday.

I like the lad but Calvern-Lewit looked seriously lightweight when he came on. Got shrugged off the ball easy and didn't manage to get his body in the way to win fouls when we were trying to hold on and get the ball up the pitch.

What's the deal with Lookman being a no-show at the moment?

Still can't believe we never took all 3 points .On the plus great performance from the boys .....fans were amazing last night ...Bad decision to take off kev he was a real threat on the break he was the only one who kept going forward on the counter .If Ross broke away which he'd did a few times he get to their box then slow it down same with Davis..One criticism Ronald should keep kev on when he's playing well, but all said and done COYB.

...the only problem with Mirallas is that he can be a liability when defending his own box. A couple of times last night he lost his head and gave away a few silly fouls, one was right on the edge of the box. I wonder if that influenced RK. I agree, though, that the game was getting set up for him because he is the type who can exploit the situations we wasted in the 2nd half.

Line-up for Leicester:

Robles
Holgate Jags Barry Baines
Gana Schneiderlin Davies
Mirallas Lukaku LOOKMAN

I like the lad but Calvern-Lewit looked seriously lightweight when he came on. Got shrugged off the ball easy and didn't manage to get his body in the way to win fouls when we were trying to hold on and get the ball up the pitch.

Lookman before calvern all day for me .if lookman fit he should have come on much more threat than cavern. Still can't get me head round Ron bringing kev off, but all round can't complain .I think the ref was a little bias .

Lookman before calvern all day for me .if lookman fit he should have come on much more threat than cavern. Still can't get me head round Ron bringing kev off, but all round can't complain .I think the ref was a little bias .
Nice.

I feel really sorry for Lukaku and Barkley in these games. They're so isolated it's basically them against the opposition defence.

Most players in the world will struggle under those circumstances. I understand these games are difficult and the back line needs to remain compact but if we'd shown a bit more ambition in terms of numbers on the break that second goal was there for the taking.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.