Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there are too many variables we need to go our way to clinch 7th, so not very likely. Also, when there is a modicum of pressure on them, our brave boys collapse, so they will probably get walloped today.

However, considering this group of players has been trying their best all season, and has achieved, buggering up qualification for the champs league or Europe league proper, it would be the most Everton thing ever if we manage to qualify for the conference.

Anyway, Hope all 6 scabs get beat. COYB!

Arriba los caramelos!

There’s a game today? Given up caring, get it over with and then focus on clearing the rats out of the squad. I had hoped for Europa as min, titillated top4 for a few months, and now we’re missing out. On reflection, it is what I expected (think I voted top 8 in that thread) but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’m very disappointed.

Just hurry up and get this season done with.

Think we can get a point today 1-1 will it be enough?

Just hurry up and get this season done with.

Think we can get a point today 1-1 will it be enough?

Draw will be enough only if Spurs lose and Arsenal dont win

A win is pretty necessary for Conference qualification

I think we need to start on the right foot if we’re to get anything today, particularly from the front boys. I can see Spurs losing as Leicester are back in front of their fans and will be celebrating the cup win as well and can see Brighton getting something at Arsenal

Ultimately I think it’ll go more the way of the last days in 96 and 03, where we either get done over by refs or Arsenal/Spurs score a late winner to deny us, than 94 and 98 when the God’s shone over us to have results go our way and we win/draw

I honestly think we can win most games, but I seriously see nothing other than a City win here, soz for being negative, hopefully this gets 20 quotes after the game all telling me im a bellend.

How about we skip the formalities and just get the name calling over with now?

Ultimately though I agree, tough to see anything really. Which is fine, today isnt the reason we've missed out on CL.

Leeds, Newcastle x2, Sheff Utd, Villa x2 is the reason. All games that should have resulted in at least 12 points.

I am more interested in being ready to focus on the domestic campaign for next season rather than traipsing around Europe playing a Mickey mouse tournament that could affect our league results.

A good summer transfer window is more important than anything else imo.

Brilliant plan mate, we will focus on the league next season.
And what do you think we can achieve domestically next season?

Winning the league? No way in hell.
Top 4? Very unlikely as the competition is too much.
Top 6? Possible, but the Europa League is arguably as Mickey mouse of a tournament as the Conference league will be.

You have a chance at winning a trophy, you better try to take it.
Top 4 finish is not an achievement by itself, and is useless if you're going to crash and burn in the CL.
And if the squad is not used to playing in Europe alongside the league then it's exactly what's going to happen.

Fully expecting the worst today. A very weird season that offered many opportunities but as usual it's all pointless.

No wait we'll win, Spurs, Arsenal and Leeds will all lose. Europa Conference League here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.