Transfer Rumour Malcom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere in Barça he’s being called dross though. He’s their Bolaise, or Mirallas.

I think a loan with an option or obligation is the clever play, everyone’s a winner.

The lad has much to prove for me, the lads only been successful in France.
Apparently Arsenal looking to loan...only advantage we'd have is to buy outright

Apparently Arsenal looking to loan...only advantage we'd have is to buy outright

It’s hard the know what’s true in the window to be honest, but if there’s truth in that, it’s the clever play, I’d personally loan him as well, it’s a risk. Not sure he’s done enough to justify 35 mill, when he’s only done it in France, this league is a big step up.

Frankly I’d be gutted if we paid 35 mill on a winger like him and not Lozano, I’m not saying he wouldn’t be good for us, but its an if, rather then a defo with ? Marks against the lad in my opinion.

It’s hard the know what’s true in the window to be honest, but if there’s truth in that, it’s the clever play, I’d personally loan him as well, it’s a risk. Not sure he’s done enough to justify 35 mill, when he’s only done it in France, this league is a big step up.

Frankly I’d be gutted if we paid 35 mill on a winger like him and not Lozano, I’m not saying he wouldn’t be good for us, but its an if, rather then a defo with ? Marks against the lad in my opinion.
I agree. I see both him and Neres as a little overpriced. If we swung the loan ala Gomes then that money might seem a steal this time next year. Right now it looks a risk

Lozano seems set for Napoli, I think the fact that Brands distanced us from him meant we never really had a chance.

Somewhere in Barça he’s being called dross though. He’s their Bolaise, or Mirallas.

I think a loan with an option or obligation is the clever play, everyone’s a winner.

The lad has much to prove for me, the lads only been successful in France.

Yeh but they're one of the top 3 clubs in the world, their dross is desirable to nearly every other club in the world, ours not so much.

It’s dragged out though hasn’t it, I’ve been hearing about that deal since Jan.

Wonder why it’s taken so long.
Last I read there were issues surrounding his image rights and Napoli wanting total control. Could be true, could be bs. I’d rather have him than Malcom though.

I agree. I see both him and Neres as a little overpriced. If we swung the loan ala Gomes then that money might seem a steal this time next year. Right now it looks a risk

We obviously have a good relationship with Barça, we’ve been in touch with them this summer already, doesn’t seem like many clubs are pushing each other out of the way for this lad. The Arsenal loan rumor I found interesting, if your leaking stuff to the press it’s weird that your leaking loans.

The lad has a profile, but hasn’t done anywhere but France, he doesn’t have any senior Brazilian caps like Bernard or Richarlson, Barca want him away next season, it’s a big step up to the PL, enough red flags there for me to want him here for a season before we invest, like Gomes.

Plus we’re skint so could do with getting someone on the never and not have to pay a fee until next season, if we want him.

Last edited:

Cant help but feel we are missing a trick with him.

Raiola is his agent isn’t he, he’ll drive a hard bargain for the lad. What’s 56mill dollars about 35 mill.
It’d still be a gamble but he’s grown on me starting with last year’s WC. Think he’s going to do well no matter where he ends up. Malcom I’m less certain. Haven’t been impressed with what I’ve seen which tbf hasn’t been much.

Status
Not open for further replies.