Transfer Rumour Malcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know Zenit have Champions League, but if our bid is genuine I’d be surprised if he chose to play in Russia over the Premier League

Imagine if we leaked a false £55m + Tosun + McCarthy bid to Sky purposely to prompt Barcelona to come to the table on Malcom

Then pretended we never said anything about the Zaha bid and made Sky look like absolute plant pots

Then sign Malcom for €40m

These would be levels of snidery I could only dream of us getting to

Says in the source Spanish article that we aren't prepared to match the wages Zenit are offering (which is why he'd prefer to move there).

Says in the source Spanish article that we aren't prepared to match the wages Zenit are offering (which is why he'd prefer to move there).

Swerve then. If he'd rather take the cash to play in a garbage league then he ain't what we're looking for.

I know it sounds 'salty', but honestly the moment he signs for Zenit is the moment I'd see Malcom as a massive bullet dodged.

No player with any ambition chooses to play in Russia over the Premier League. It's similar to a player signing for a London club simply because it's London - that's how you get a bunch of mercenaries like West Ham have had over the years.

I know it sounds 'salty', but honestly the moment he signs for Zenit is the moment I'd see Malcom as a massive bullet dodged.

No player with any ambition chooses to play in Russia over the Premier League. It's similar to a player signing for a London club simply because it's London - that's how you get a bunch of mercenaries like West Ham have had over the years.
It would be his agent you’d think, player would probably rather be back in Brazil over Russia

Not that that changes your point

It would be his agent you’d think, player would probably rather be back in Brazil over Russia

The player has final say. I don't care who my agent was, if they came to me and said "you're moving to Russia", I'd be looking at any other option, especially one where you can play in the Premier League.

Sure, money is a thing, but unless he's going to earn something daft like £400k a week, then sorry it shows a complete lack of ambition or footballing integrity to go there at the age of 22 with better leagues on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.