Magaye Gaye...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Player Valuation: £10m
Can this lad even play football? everytime i've seen him he is awful!

Please prove me wrong.

he was very good towards the end of last season.
Last night none of the players played well and that was down to a lot of changes in the team, the weather and Leeds closing down well.

He looked knackered after 30 minutes, I don't think he's played much football in all fairness.

Had a few nice touches of the ball, his main attribute is crossing and he was unable to get down the flank at all.

Has his moments. Dunno if it's confidence or he's just a **** player who pulls off the odd thing, but we might regret selling him if we do.
Give him time. Might well come good.

I think what makes him seem more shyte than he is, is the amount of times he's not expecting the pass, sometimes he just seems to be suprised when the ball comes to him, it's as if he forgets he's there to play.

You can almost hear him say 'Oh sh1t' sometimes when he sees the ball at his feet.

Hope i'm wrong, i hope he goes mad and turns into a world beater.

I'd loan him out until January. Not like he's going to force pienaar out of the team at the moment and some experience wouldn't hurt.

Honestly don't know what Moyes expected putting the lad on against a team who were intent on kicking us off the park, that's not his game. He can move the ball well and can put in a hell of a cross but he's never (from what i've seen) going to be a tough guy who wins a ton of 50/50s, same goes for Junior.

Has a long way to go but i'm not writing him off yet.

The jury is still out. I think his strength is ghosting into the box to score, but he's being asked to play more of an orthodox left wing role. I've seen very little evidence of his crossing skills or his ability to beat a man.

Not for me this lad. He's more of an old style winger which IMO are pretty useless in the modern game. Very hit and miss at doing that correctly too...

I'd be looking to move him on which will make us a profit anyway and I think for the games he would be selected for a garbutt/Oveido partnership would be better.

Gueye played well against orient and grabed himself a goal so getting rid of him wouldn't benifit the side or finances but he didn't get chance to put a marker down last night because the midfield let us down IMO plus I still think junior could do a job if he played next to Gibson but the game by passed him yesterday and oveido played well for me plus he took out el hadj diouf

Very similar to Bily. Crosses a good ball and has a wicked volley on him but just does things too slowly for the premiership, i.e he get´s caught in possession, runs into people and rarely finds a team mate when passing under pressure.

Only ever time he´s looked good for us is at Goodison when playing in a strong team against much weaker opposition.

Gueye played well against orient and grabed himself a goal so getting rid of him wouldn't benifit the side or finances but he didn't get chance to put a marker down last night because the midfield let us down IMO plus I still think junior could do a job if he played next to Gibson but the game by passed him yesterday and oveido played well for me plus he took out el hadj diouf

Sorry mate Junior looked about two divisions too lightweight for me. At that size you need something exceptional to compensate with. How old is he anyway?

The jury is still out. I think his strength is ghosting into the box to score, but he's being asked to play more of an orthodox left wing role. I've seen very little evidence of his crossing skills or his ability to beat a man.

He does the old left foot to right foot mate. Skipped past a couple and i like him.

I mean, you get one game a season to impress Moyles and us it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.