Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably he played further forward against Swansea. Could he play left wing more frequently as he finds his feet? Kind of how Seamus only dropped into right back when he had a bit more experience.

Presumably he played further forward against Swansea. Could he play left wing more frequently as he finds his feet? Kind of how Seamus only dropped into right back when he had a bit more experience.

Played left back mate. I think he would be better stating there than left wing. Had a tough man to mark in Dyer with his pace but didn't shirk away from the challenge. Lost him for the 1st goal but done well for his debut.

If only he was a right back, would have a big future at our club.

Feel sorry for him. He is going to be class and has Baines and Oviedo ahead of it

It's way too early to speculate about his player development and role in future seasons.

Who knows really

NAILED ON gunna be a World Class Lid for us lads.

He done more than Hibbert in one game than Hibbo done in his whole career.

He looks a real prospect this lad. Maybe a year out on loan at a PL club would be a good move.

I'd imagine a loan of some sort is on the cards. No doubt RM wanted Oveido back and fit before allowing him out.

Played left back mate. I think he would be better stating there than left wing. Had a tough man to mark in Dyer with his pace but didn't shirk away from the challenge. Lost him for the 1st goal but done well for his debut.

Ah, I stand corrected. So Oviedo was the advanced one of the two? I wonder if anything can be taken from that game at all. Obviously we have three talented players for that position. Will RM try and shift one of them into a more advanced position to accommodate them all? It seems Pienaar is rarely going to be fit, so having another wide option would be useful.

Ah, I stand corrected. So Oviedo was the advanced one of the two? I wonder if anything can be taken from that game at all. Obviously we have three talented players for that position. Will RM try and shift one of them into a more advanced position to accommodate them all? It seems Pienaar is rarely going to be fit, so having another wide option would be useful.

would prefer if they try to shift one to right back..

I think we should definitely try Garbutt or Oviedo at RB. It's a real pet annoyance of mine that in this country it's considered essential that fullbacks stick to one side. On the continent it's far more natural for a LB to play at RB or vice versa than for a fullback to also play CB, as is common for young defenders in this country (Stones, Smalling, Jones, Chambers, Browning etc).

Both Lahm and Azpiliqueta to use two examples have done very well playing on both sides as a fullback. When you think about it, the difference between playing RB and LB - especially given the attacking responsibilities of your modern day fullback - is far less than the difference when playing at CB.

In particular, I'd like to see Oviedo try a few games at RB. Can't be worse than Stones or Hibbert there, and he's pretty decent with his right foot by the looks of it.

Reactions: Mrk

Out of them all I think Oviedo is suited to left midfield and could play that role if/when called upon

Status
Not open for further replies.