Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we should chance 15m up front and then add clauses that would get them another 10m ie Fa cup win 1m, after 50 league goals x amount etc so over 4/5 years it would cost us 25m but if it does'nt work out with us winning stuff, they get no more :)

...interesting trying to get an insight into Bill's Blue Blood speech last night. He mentioned each individual and said to Lukaku, 'wherever you go I hope you will always have Everton in your heart'. Sounded like a goodbye, but I'd love him to stay. Interesting that he said 'I hope your here next season' to Deleufeu.

If we've got the finances I think we'll need to go somewhere between £20-£25m, if he's available for what ever reason and we don't buy him someone else will.

Also people claiming we shouldn't spend our entire budget on him clearly don't fully understand how football transfers work. We'll put a down payment of say £10m and the rest of his fee will be paid off over the course of his contract with us, that's how the vast majority of football transfers work. Only the super rich clubs can do it any other way and there's very few of them in world football.

£0 up front, rising to £30m dependent on champions league qualification for 5 successive seasons.

Something tells me 22-24M is the magic number to sign him. Anything more and our finances can be better used elsewhere.

I'd pay up to 20M myself, so young with so much potential, could be revelation.

Not a penny more though, especially with Bony about...

Reactions: MJ1
@Tree13 wrote that hes scored 31 in 65 games. This alone is worth 30mil.

Then factor in his age and potential to hit huge numbers consistently over the next decade.

One thing no one has commented on is that the sum of a team should be greater than its parts and in Stones, McCarthy and Barkley we have three outstanding young talents with others such as Ledson coming through but we have lacked a goalscorer since Yakubu then Kanchelskis and Rideout many years ago.

Lukaku, to us is priceless and if we got him he'd soon be worth Bale/Ronaldo money.

Status
Not open for further replies.