Lukaku V Kane and Barkley V Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alli over Barkley atm. I believe in Ross but Martinez took him to a very dark place that he's still climbing out of.

Lukaku v Kane is hard to judge because I find Kane's abilities hard to judge - he does nothing well apart from lash it into the old onion bag on the reg. I'm not up on his alround game. Lukaku OTOH is sickeningly good bearing down on goal, physically overmatches defenders in a way that you don't see very often these days. I know Lukaku can score goals that Kane (and most others) just aren't capable of, but maybe you could say the same vice verca.

Lukaku vs Kane is a legit comparison and think they're very close in overall ability.
Kane very slightly better in the air + bringing players in to the game, Lukaku in pace + strength. Similar in movement, finishing.
Lukaku carries the day in that he's about 3 or 4 years younger and, clearly at this point, has that mentality that will see him improve every year in to his late 20s.

Barkley vs Ali for me is apples and oranges.
Ali is a 2nd striker: he's Chris Sutton / Les Ferdinand; his entire focus is getting on the end of things and scoring goals and at this he's fantastic.
No one quite knows yet exactly what Ross is but his strengths are entirely different. He'll never score as many as Ali but then Ali will never run games from all over the pitch the way Ross has been beginning to.
Too early to say on these two but you'd have to concede - Ali has probably contributed more to Spurs in the last year or two than Barkley has to Everton.

Lukaku vs Kane is a legit comparison and think they're very close in overall ability.
Kane very slightly better in the air + bringing players in to the game, Lukaku in pace + strength. Similar in movement, finishing.
Lukaku carries the day in that he's about 3 or 4 years younger and, clearly at this point, has that mentality that will see him improve every year in to his late 20s.

Barkley vs Ali for me is apples and oranges.
Ali is a 2nd striker: he's Chris Sutton / Les Ferdinand; his entire focus is getting on the end of things and scoring goals and at this he's fantastic.
No one quite knows yet exactly what Ross is but his strengths are entirely different. He'll never score as many as Ali but then Ali will never run games from all over the pitch the way Ross has been beginning to.
Too early to say on these two but you'd have to concede - Ali has probably contributed more to Spurs in the last year or two than Barkley has to Everton.
Kane is younger than Lukaku.

Lukaku a no brainer for me,

Ali + Barkley's a toughie but because he's scouse
and blue id have to go with him.

Kane and Ali is the better partnership. They link up better with each other than Barkley and Lukaku do.

Ali has done what Barkley didn't manage to do, follow up his first breakthrough season with an even better one.

I feel Barkley can reach that level and more but he needs to start putting the ball in the net more, granted he's a different kind of midfielder to Ali but he still needs to be hitting double figures each season (which he may still do).

I also rate Kane slightly higher than Lukaku. However you have to factor in that both Ali and Kane have been playing in a top 4 side for the past two seasons, they have had better players around them.

Alli is ridiculously overrated, but that's just my opinion. Barkley has unbelievable ability but is inconsistent and has been lacking somewhat mentally.

Hopefully Barkley will grow in a team that isn't so dependent on him. In the last couple of seasons he's been the victim of playing in a poor team in which he was the only bit of creativity we had. So easy for oppositions to mark him out the game.

If Alli was in our team for the last couple of years instead of Barkley would it have been that different?

Last edited:
Lukaku over Kane all day, every day and double time on a Sunday.

Ross v Alli is harder but not because I rate Alli more, more to do with me being more harsh with Ross. Barkley has the tools to be better, Alli as things stand has more snide and aggression but I'm gonna stick with Rossley and hopefully he puts in a stand out performance Sunday

Lukaku has much more to his game than Kane, who I think is probably the best finisher in the league. Lukaku suits our style of play, Kane suits Spurs'.

Think Barkley and Alli is a difficult one. Alli has been better over the last couple of seasons but Barkley is much more gifted physically and probably technically. Alli has a horrible snide side to his game which I quite like really, maybe Barkley could do with one too.

If pushed I'd probably say Lukaku and Alli.

Alli is not fit to lace Barkleys boots, take his free role away from him, and better players like eriksson etc doing the difficult stuff, and what you get from alli is what you got for england in the euro's, a good athlete and decent footballer. Barkley can be the complete ball playing midfielder, a far rarer set of of skills and far more difficult task

Status
Not open for further replies.