Luis Alberto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of players can hack the Italian and Spanish leagues but struggle with the English leagues.

Look at the two Liverpool signed. Aspas and Alberto, both looked like they had never kicked a ball in their life, off home and to Italy and they’re full internationals tearing up leagues.

Forlan, Kroldrup, Reyes, Falcao, Felipe Luis, Morata etc didn’t have strength for English game but had excellent careers after leaving.

Those two fall under that, and that’s not a knock on them, just me agreeing with you and saying he’s not suited I don’t think.

Falcao made a mistake coming to the PL. He had just come off a torn ACL. He was never the same after that.

He would have done well in his prime in the PL. He is small but very strong and enjoys the physical play.

Apparently he is available at a very low price, so could be low risk. I would guess if we are signing an AMC though we would be getting rid of Siggurdsson, otherwise, where does he fit in the squad? Our squad is too large as it is. There is footage here of Luis Alberto running and passing the ball forward. so better than Siggurdsson. But if we cant move some players on I dont see us signing anyone over 21 because they wont be able to play, we have a squad of 25 and Besic and Bolasie are outside of the 25. I dont think the fact Luis Alberto played 12 games for liverpool in 13/14 season is a problem. We have had former Liverpool players, Gary Ablett, Kevin Sheedy and Peter Beardsley spring to mind who did well for us, so I think that's a childish reason not to want a player.

Very skilled forward IMHO. Played at Barca B and paired with Deulofeu to form an amazing attack, I left very impressed with the player but have not followed him since he went to Serie A. He's not a true winger but a associative/creative goal scoring forward - he has a great eye for the pass in the final third and terrific in creating space for himself & others. Plus, he is an assured goalscorer

Genuinely don't remember him playing for Liverpool at all. Which is probably enough of a reason for me to say no thanks.

He didn't play much at all in the end, oddly enough - even Liverpool fans were annoyed for the majority of the season, he was just getting cleanup/mopup duty and marginalized by Rodgers. Of course, Brendan did similar with Aspas too

He plays with his head up, great technique and excellent football IQ.

Apparently he is available at a very low price, so could be low risk. I would guess if we are signing an AMC though we would be getting rid of Siggurdsson, otherwise, where does he fit in the squad? Our squad is too large as it is. There is footage here of Luis Alberto running and passing the ball forward. so better than Siggurdsson. But if we cant move some players on I dont see us signing anyone over 21 because they wont be able to play, we have a squad of 25 and Besic and Bolasie are outside of the 25. I dont think the fact Luis Alberto played 12 games for liverpool in 13/14 season is a problem. We have had former Liverpool players, Gary Ablett, Kevin Sheedy and Peter Beardsley spring to mind who did well for us, so I think that's a childish reason not to want a player.

I counted 23, but maybe that’s wrong lol

I counted 23, but maybe that’s wrong lol
I dont know what you mean by "23"?
Is that the number of forward passes in the video? Number of games Luis Alberto played for Liverpool? Number of players that Everton have over 21 that are not in the 25 man squad? The number of players we have in the squad over 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.