Luis Alberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are a bunch of reasons to say yes and a bunch to say no. Ultimately he's a good player but I wouldn't be able to say for certain that we would be the right fit for him.

There are a bunch of reasons to say yes and a bunch to say no. Ultimately he's a good player but I wouldn't be able to say for certain that we would be the right fit for him.

Loads of players can hack the Italian and Spanish leagues but struggle with the English leagues.

Look at the two Liverpool signed. Aspas and Alberto, both looked like they had never kicked a ball in their life, off home and to Italy and they’re full internationals tearing up leagues.

Forlan, Kroldrup, Reyes, Falcao, Felipe Luis, Morata etc didn’t have strength for English game but had excellent careers after leaving.

Those two fall under that, and that’s not a knock on them, just me agreeing with you and saying he’s not suited I don’t think.

Loads of players can hack the Italian and Spanish leagues but struggle with the English leagues.

Look at the two Liverpool signed. Aspas and Alberto, both looked like they had never kicked a ball in their life, off home and to Italy and they’re full internationals tearing up leagues.

Forlan, Kroldrup, Reyes, Falcao, Felipe Luis, Morata etc didn’t have strength for English game but had excellent careers after leaving.

Those two fall under that, and that’s not a knock on them, just me agreeing with you and saying he’s not suited I don’t think.
Yes what you've said here is firmly in that category of reasons not to do this. Especially with him having tried England and failed already.

tbf to Falcao his career was ruined by the time he came over

Status
Not open for further replies.