Lucho Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Poor language removed] me, were a tough lot to keep happy arent we.

We whine like [Poor language removed] about no new signings and then when its confirmed that we have bid 10 million for an international quality player then we moan that its bullshit and smoke & mirrors. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

We have bid the money, thats our part. If the club accept the bid and the player comes to talk then theres a good chance he will sign. The club cannot afford a PR disaster now, this leads to believe that they have every intention of landing this player and Baines.

Lets see what happens and try not to linger around the grassy knoll too much.

Im optimistic, I might be proved wrong and so be it but at least give the club a chance when theyre trying to do something to improve our team for next year.

Can I nominate this for post of the year?

Best post I have ever read on this board, top stuff chico!

[Poor language removed] me, were a tough lot to keep happy arent we.

We whine like [Poor language removed] about no new signings and then when its confirmed that we have bid 10 million for an international quality player then we moan that its bullshit and smoke & mirrors. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

We have bid the money, thats our part. If the club accept the bid and the player comes to talk then theres a good chance he will sign. The club cannot afford a PR disaster now, this leads to believe that they have every intention of landing this player and Baines.

Lets see what happens and try not to linger around the grassy knoll too much.

Im optimistic, I might be proved wrong and so be it but at least give the club a chance when theyre trying to do something to improve our team for next year.
Its happened so many times before though chico that the old addage, once bitten twice shy really does apply.

Maybe Moyes was playing hardball by refusing to meet the over valuation by Benfica mate, thats what it seems.

Plus we dont want to state that were minted and add 10% on all potential transfers. We've been trying to blag Wigan that we're skint on one hand like.

This lad Gonzales would be a great job, the midfield (when all fit) would be mouth watering. Naturally I wont be too optimistic until I see the Argie lined up in a blue shirt, experience teaches us this.

But I applaud Moyes for going after his targets on the sly and not getting sucked into the silliness of the opening of transfer window. Nugent+Richardson+Koumas=17 million. Thats shocking.

If we pull it off then I will applaud Kenwright for stumping up with the money too, he backed Moyes last year and seems as if he is prepared to do the same now. Its an exciting time to be a blue, a lot of us just fail to see it.
Christ this post should be stickied or nailed to the homepage. Then whenever someone feels like creating a 'BK' thread or vote bemoaning how he is unfit to do his job, they will realise it just really is not true. Naturally if it transpires we don't have the cash, burn him at the stake...

Lucho has been left out of the friendly against Shanghai S, I hope this is a sign that he's on the move to Everton it probably isn't but still we can dream eh?.

A little trivia for anyone who's interested Shanghai have a former Everton player playing for them any takers?

It had to be Weifeng. Only 2 chinese players to have plated for Everton and Li Tie is at Sheff Utd.

Not sure if I shall drag it up again, let's just remind ourselves.

2007 - Lucho
2005 - Kuyt
2004 - Owen
2003 - smith
(might not get the year and sequence correct)

And it hits around the same time every year. At the period of time where the club is feeling the heat of criticism for their lack of transfer activities.
I was optimistic on smith back then. Unsure about owen rumour, sceptical about kuyt and totally believe it's bullshit regarding Lucho. PR rerun part 4, enough is enough.
Ok enough of whining, bracing myself for an offensive onslaught from the other camp!

How dare you say Kenwright is a bullshitter!!! whats he done to say that he is a bullshit artist....*Sarcasm-O-Meter is required for this post*

Not sure if I shall drag it up again, let's just remind ourselves.

2007 - Lucho
2005 - Kuyt
2004 - Owen
2003 - smith
(might not get the year and sequence correct)

It does seem strange that each season we get connected with one big transfertarget and the only one that has actually been signed is Johnson. Wasn't sure about Kuyt and not that interested in Owen when those were on the web. There were other big transfers as well that we lost out on.. Sissoko comes to mind fairly rapidly.

I don't care that we miss out on them... but what is puzzling to me and might give more fuel to anti-Kenwright speakers is that the money for those targets wasn't used to secondary targets or other players either.

We have apparently placed an offer of £11M for Lucho in addition to the £5M (or about) for Baines. It would indicate that if we loose out on Lucho we have cash for signings even after the potential signing of Baines. IF this rumor is true of course...

I don't care that we miss out on them... but what is puzzling to me and might give more fuel to anti-Kenwright speakers is that the money for those targets wasn't used to secondary targets or other players either.
We have apparently placed an offer of £11M for Lucho in addition to the £5M (or about) for Baines. It would indicate that if we loose out on Lucho we have cash for signings even after the potential signing of Baines. IF this rumor is true of course...

We're trying to save money if there's no suitable target? We might save enough in 5 years from now and buy messi for 50 million!

Status
Not open for further replies.