Lucho Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.
jagler sent me the article from this morning along with his youtube footage

holy crap...

also, is Manny officially gone?

how long can we expect this to drag out--one way or the other? are transfer offers of this nature generally accepted or rejected somewhat quickly? is there a limit on the amount of time a decision can take? basic questions, i know--but im just trying to learn the ropes. thanks..

can't see it. he's being linked to real aswell so can't see why he would want to come. me thinks the board are using it to release some heat from themselves, but hey, i hope im very wrong....

how long can we expect this to drag out--one way or the other? are transfer offers of this nature generally accepted or rejected somewhat quickly? is there a limit on the amount of time a decision can take? basic questions, i know--but im just trying to learn the ropes. thanks..

With regards to Everton.... it can drag out veeeeeeeeeerrry long.. or until Newcastle jumps in and hijacks the transfer

At the moment, there are apparently other European clubs in for the player as well. And in this case they are clubs that are the equivalent or better (funded) than Everton. So a lot depends on what the player wants to do.

Plus it has been known for selling clubs to "let it be known" that other clubs are in the hunt for their players to drive the prospective price up. And not entirely unknown for buying clubs to "let it be known" that they are in the market for a player who they eventually just miss out on.

And lastly, some of it is just transfer season stuff to sell newspapers and create interest in the upcoming season.

Think of it a bit like free agency in the NFL.

wiz, thanks for the info...guess i wont hold my breath on waiting for a resolution. would be an exciting addition, though, thats for sure.

atrottel--thanks, as well...it all sounds very familiar as to the way negotiations take place in the nfl or in baseball during the "hot stove" times of the year as we call them (and im really not sure why we call them that now that i think about it). especially the parts about selling newspapers and creating banter among fans, haha.

Last edited:
As good a signing this would be if it came off, and with Baines too, I suppose this would mean we arnt in the market for a striker anymore? And especially with BT going, it would leave us a little short of options up front.

I,m waiting till i see him in our shirt this summer has done my head in with rumours,it would be great though
Every transfer window does that to me daz. Its hard as hell working in Liverpool too and having all the RS harp on about Torres [Poor language removed] this and that for 80billion and new stadium etc.
To paraphrase Nike.. Just do it Everton.

Don't believe anything about it, non at all!
Moyes stated months ago that he can't even afford fernandes fee of 8 or 12 million. I don't know how we can afford 11 million now!
I'm sure their trying to drive up the positive environment and try to win more votes for the stadium move. It might just be a empty bid whereby we don't even have the money for it. At the end of the vote, the transfer saga will come to an ending explaination of "The transfer broke down because of high wage demand."

[Poor language removed] me, were a tough lot to keep happy arent we.

We whine like [Poor language removed] about no new signings and then when its confirmed that we have bid 10 million for an international quality player then we moan that its bullshit and smoke & mirrors. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

We have bid the money, thats our part. If the club accept the bid and the player comes to talk then theres a good chance he will sign. The club cannot afford a PR disaster now, this leads to believe that they have every intention of landing this player and Baines.

Lets see what happens and try not to linger around the grassy knoll too much.

Im optimistic, I might be proved wrong and so be it but at least give the club a chance when theyre trying to do something to improve our team for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.