2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d keep him, always back quality.
He's a very good player atb his best. But if the feller wont pull an Everton shirt on then he has to go.

He's been called out by a stronger personality than he'll ever be.

I hope he falls flat on his face wherever he goes. Any player who's fit and asked to cross the white line to help his team and the club and doesn't needs to be pilloried and remembered for what they did forever.

I love him but zero reason to keep him now. Even if we had injuries Benitez wouldn't play him.

Exactly its either Digne or Benitez leaves and the idiot Moshiri isn't firing his mate.
I think Benitez would play unsworth ahead of Digne at this point

He's a very good player atb his best. But if the feller wont pull an Everton shirt on then he has to go.

He's been called out by a stronger personality than he'll ever be.

I hope he falls flat on his face wherever he goes. Any player who's fit and asked to cross the white line to help his team and the club needs to be pilloried and rememnbered for what they did forever.

Whatever my feelings on the manager and you know them mate, there can only be one boss, the dressing room needs an Alpha and I’ve no problem with a player being brought back into the pecking order.

Great managers and even very good managers understand, they can make the point, but also bring a talented player back in from the cold. towing the line, while often getting more from them in recompense. Pep and Foden is a recent example.

It’s stupid selling Digne, though I’d accept we might need the dough. But if it is that, let’s call it that!

Whatever my feelings on the manager and you know them mate, there can only be one boss, the dressing room needs an Alpha and I’ve no problem with a player being brought back into the pecking order.

Great managers and even very good managers understand, they can make the point, but also bring a talented player back in from the cold. towing the line, while often getting more from them in recompense. Pep and Foden is a recent example.

It’s stupid selling Digne, though I’d accept we might need the dough. But if it is that, let’s call it that!
He's been tripe for 18 months. I dont think we'll even notice he's gone.

He's been tripe for 18 months. I dont think we'll even notice he's gone.

He’s a great little footballer mate, we both know it, he’s one of the best left fulls in the league, if he’s moving, he’s moving to a club higher than us in the table - that tells its own story.

We shouldn’t be selling quality players. If we need the dough, I’d accept that, if we’re upfront about it. If we’re selling him because he had a strop with the manager, it’s poor management in my opinion.

He’s a great little footballer mate, we both know it, he’s one of the best left fulls in the league, if he’s moving, he’s moving to a club higher than us in the table - that tells its own story.

We shouldn’t be selling quality players. If we need the dough, I’d accept that, if we’re upfront about it. If we’re selling him because he had a strop with the manager, it’s poor management in my opinion.
It's both. And justifiable on both grounds too.

With Benitez the clown in charge he’d struggle to move to a team below us

It's both. And justifiable on both grounds too.

I’d accept the cash thing, we have to take our medicine on that score.

Good mangers in my opinion, can discipline players if they challenge them and rightly so, but can also manage the situation, were the player is disciplined, but also can manage the conflict, turn it around and bring a quality player back in after learning their lesson and cultivating their quality. Like I say it happened recently with Pep and Foden, Foden isn’t going anywhere and scored in the week on his return, Pep isn’t stupid and they have way more options and depth than us.

Makes perfect sense for him to go to Chelsea. He's a top full back at his best, and in an ideal world we'd have both him and Mykolenko so we have depth at left back, but we're nowhere near being that team yet given we still have gaps in our first XI. Wouldn't accept less than £25m. Good for us FFP wise too it has to be said, might allow us to sign a centre mid or centre half, which we badly need too.

Crap though eh, Good enough for the European champions
You could play Niles Nkounkou at Left back in that team and they'd win every game.

He's a left back, an out of form one. It's not like we're selling a prime Lukaku or Kanchelskis. Happy to see the back of him if he doesn't want to play for us.

I’d accept the cash thing, we have to take our medicine on that score.

Good mangers in my opinion, can discipline players if they challenge them and rightly so, but can also manage the situation, were the player is disciplined, but also can manage the conflict, turn it around and bring a quality player back in after learning their lesson and cultivating their quality. Like I say it happened recently with Pep and Foden, Foden isn’t going anywhere and scored in the week on his return, Pep isn’t stupid and they have way more options and depth than us.
That's a bogus comparison. The culture of bringing down managers is established here.

That requires a VERY different approach to putting an arm around the odd diva.

Status
Not open for further replies.