2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku basically came out this week saying he doesn't want to be at Chelsea but the manager has worked it out with him and he's back in the side. That's how you do it.
Yes, but Chelsea are flush with cash after winning CL, they have just broken their transfer record and spunked £100m on the fella just over 4 months ago, who was in the form of his life. For one, they cant push him out for the embarrassment it would cause, so Tuchel will have been advised to kiss and make up.
We on the other hand are skint and need to sell before buying, we have a crowd of big name players not performing who are on big salaries and tbh see themselves rightly or wrongly as bigger than Everton.
Digne is one of these.
He is collateral damage, and his outburst will be appreciated by Benitez as it gives him the excuse to sell.
Hanging him to dry doesnt help us when it comes to negotiating but if it were us (with money in our pocket) looking for a LB and he came available after fighting with his boss we would be biting the hands off for him.
IMO a big club will sign him, and there will be a good few in contact at this time for him.

Been a good player for us. Lost some form, well so what he had form to lose unlike most of the squad. One of our best players since he arrived and most would have him in the first 11, nailed on every week. Most except the rotund dinosaur in the dugout.

Everyone can have their opinion but for me he has always come across as a player that got everton and had a strong affinity with the support. Sad day when he trots off somewhere else.

Who can blame him for not being happy playing in a set up where he's being coached to fear the likes of Brentford and Brighton. To defend for our lives and hope for a break against teams with a fraction of our stature as if we were playing peak barca in the champs league final. Good on him for challenging the manager, shame they don't all do it. The football on offer is relegation form. We will end up in the thick of it barring some miracle.

Clubs a joke, owners a buffoon, board are clueless, manager's day came and went a long long time ago, and getting rid of Digne like this casts a dark shadow over our season.

Digne for all everybody's moaning about form/been poor for 18 months/get rid fella is probably away to swap our bench for the 1st 11 of the European champions. What club would hire Benitez?

Anyway, this player who some seem to think is still decent, how many clubs are in for him right now? Sounds like none, if he was still performing serious offers would be on the table
There will be plenty of interest in him, wait and see.
The clubs involved know how much of a soft touch we are in negotiating sales though so theyll all be trying to pull our pants down.
Hopefully a few will end up going head to head for him and we sell him for a decent fee (£20m+)

There will be plenty of interest in him, wait and see.
The clubs involved know how much of a soft touch we are in negotiating sales though so theyll all be trying to pull our pants down.
Hopefully a few will end up going head to head for him and we sell him for a decent fee (£20m+)
But plenty of interest is great but from who, if its Newcastle if different from a CL team wanting him, sounds like Chelsea only might want him as emergancy cover, if they even do that is

It’s the same comparison to be honest mate, it’s about man management skills, by a professional manager, it’s his remit and he’s accountable for it, in my opinion. If he’s been told he needs to give up a scalp for funds, I can accept that, that’s a different story. But if we’re looseing a quality player through pride and insecurity, it’s not acceptable management for the betterment of the club. It’s that simple really.

Wouldn’t share the opinion that players are purposefully knocking down manager pins. We have an insecure owner in my opinion, who reads this forum too much in my opinion mate. ;)
Unreal.

Martinez on they've downed tools and deserted managers.

That's why I'll be made up to see a manager face them all down and sell them on ASAP.

Unreal.

That's why I'll be made up to see a manager face them all down and sell them on ASAP.
how do you know that?

Martines couldn't organize a defense to save his life so the crowd got restless and started protesting.
Koeman and Walsh were a running disaster, trigger pulled when we got to relegation. You might have a point with him.
Allardyce never stood a chance as he wasn't welcome, again the fans spoke and Moshiri listened.
Silva, never got his midfield working properly after the sale of Gana, again couldn't train zonal marking.
Ancelotti left, wasn't forced out. I'd put the drop off in form down to him losing interest when he knew RM was happening.

So out of 5 managers, I'd say Koeman lost the dressing room big time, ant that's kinda fair enough, he was a knob.

It's hard to expect a squad made up of 6 different manager signings to gell and work well together but they haven't plotted the downfall of 5 managers.
In fact, I think they're trying quite hard now but lack a proper manager to guide them.

Thank you for everything Lucas.

Absolutely gutted you’re leaving, not sure if this would’ve happened if there was another manager in charge.

Best of luck.

4C8FD013-06E7-41BC-886A-6F383B70D931.jpeg

But plenty of interest is great but from who, if its Newcastle if different from a CL team wanting him, sounds like Chelsea only might want him as emergancy cover, if they even do that is
We're 3 days into the transfer window, of which its only really us that has signed anyone.
Its not every January the 2nd choice left back from the world champions, who is also not euro cup tied, becomes available.
Wait and see

Unreal.

Its all speculation mate, you put your chips on your opinion and you back it.

In my opinion, Moshiri is a flakey owner and caves to fans, media or popular opinion - which can change. He’s caved to often and here we are, the difficulty with our squad is to fold, 1 it’s been created in the image of what 6 different managers, secondly just buying bad players, with bad attitudes. That’s the root cost for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.