2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
His form was crap so no issue with him being dropped. But there should be a way back for him too, if something has happened.

We need new full backs urgently though as it is. This would be another hole in the squad is Benitez is stubborn.

I really am torn on this. We all hope we see the Digne of old but as time passes it becomes less likely but certainly not unlikely. His partnership with Gray isn't the best & he's never been the best defender but he does create chances in a team that creates very little. We simply don't have the squad depth especially in defence to start pushing him aside. Mina is a liability with fitness so i expect Digne in the squad for Palace.
He is a player with a value though & times are hard. He will also have plenty of suitors so a sale would be much easier than the rest of players not in favour. What's he worth?? Dunno but Rafael just wiped 10% off by dumping him & a player for sale (if that ends up being the case) is worth less than a player not for sale.
Hmmm, dunno how i feel about this. Hopefully the result perks Digne up & something good can come out of what is clearly a sticky situation.
It wouldn't be the end of the world, if circumstances demanded it, to push him up into MF infront of Godfrey

Could probably benefit from a rest. Fullback is such a tough position physically which is why it is so criminal that we have left ourselves so short in this area

People seem to be incredibly fickle here just because we've won a game. If Benitez is after falling out with 2 of our best players within his first few months of being here then that is incredibly worrying. Benitez will not be here long term, we cannot be hamstrung by him forcing out our best players for players that he wants when he won't be here by the end of their contracts. Exact same reason we've still got the likes of Tosun, Delph and Siggurdsson on the books and having just finally gotten rid of Bolasie and Walcott off the wage bill.

Spot on. We won’t be facing teams putting in that level of performance every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.