2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
The set-piece thing is baffling me a bit. We scored the third most goals from setplays last season, whilst this season only 5 teams have scored less from setplays than us.

Not sure why Benitez has come in and overhauled it completely when it was one piece of the puzzle that didn't need changed.
We were defending set-pieces pretty well last season as well...
It's like he's deliberately targeted anything we were at least half good at and ordered them not to do it.

The last few seasons of Digne have been a great example of why I couldn't believe Brands wanted to gamble any Mosie Keane fee on a 25 year old RB. That age is FAR too old to be spending big on a RB Denzel Dumfires would only have been quality for 2-3 seasons top. The role is so intense in modern football that most players in that position are verging on finished by the time they hit 27-28. Niggling injuries, inconsistent and lack of engine. Happened to Baines, Coleman and now Digne at around the same age.

Well he was very good at the start of last season.

He was poor after his injury.

He's now been told to solely defend so it takes away his best assets.

Everton like to ruin their best players though. We're doing the same with Richarlison.

Richarlison was poor all last season and Digne has been for the majority of the last 2 and a half seasons.

He's been very poor for a long time. He's not quick enough to be an effective full back in this day and age, and some of his defending leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn't make enough effort to block crosses and constantly gives away cheap corners.

Richarlison was poor all last season and Digne has been for the majority of the last 2 and a half seasons.

Yeah, players go through spells of poor form. Good managers turn it around.

Digne was very good at the start of last season, he was poor the last half post injury. Nonsense to say he's been poor for the last 2 and a half, frankly.

I don't think he's as good as some people liked to make out but he was in excellent form in the first half of last season when we actually played to his strengths and he had a player to link up with down the left (even if that was James playing on the opposite side but having the passing range to put him in).

This fella gets a free pass a lot of the time, he's very poor. I read some where that his agent put a package together to show he is in the top 3 left full's in the world. I'd be happy to flog him.

For years it was Coleman & Baines, now it’s Coleman & Digne. Smallest pair of full backs in the PL. Our physical presence on the pitch is lightweight.

Yeah, players go through spells of poor form. Good managers turn it around.

Digne was very good at the start of last season, he was poor the last half post injury. Nonsense to say he's been poor for the last 2 and a half, frankly.

He's been up and down for the last two and a half seasons, with his initial promise being fulfilled some of the time and those periods being sandwiched around some poor form.

I suspect that's what we're always going to get. Very solid when he's on, love the player, but like many players he isn't always going to be switched on. Even peak Messi and Ronaldo had poor games. They were great because they didn't have poor runs.

He's been up and down for the last two and a half seasons, with his initial promise being fulfilled some of the time and those periods being sandwiched around some poor form.

I suspect that's what we're always going to get. Very solid when he's on, love the player, but like many players he isn't always going to be switched on. Even peak Messi and Ronaldo had poor games. They were great because they didn't have poor runs.

Up and down but probably still one of our most consistent performers (sums it up).

I don't think that he's world class, far from it, and defensively he's never been top class, but he's a very good full-back and far from our biggest issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.