2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.

No not at all. Every club bar Real and Barcelona are selling clubs.

Digne is immense but if you can cash in on him with a successor ready to go then it’s how most teams aspire to fund continued development.

This is not me advocating selling him now like.

His form in his first season with us and now has been brilliant. No top club would have put up with his form for the first half of last season though. Everton is giving him a platform he didn’t have at the other clubs he was at so I’m hoping he recognises that and wants to stay with us a while yet.

His form in his first season with us and now has been brilliant. No top club would have put up with his form for the first half of last season though. Everton is giving him a platform he didn’t have at the other clubs he was at so I’m hoping he recognises that and wants to stay with us a while yet.
That’s an excellent point and it feeds directly into the idea of the club rehabilitating players from the giants where it didn’t work out but they just needed that little extra bit of time and patience.

Yeah mate that was me that posted - around the 60-minute mark he had a bad collision with a Croat player, knee vs. hip. He went down for a few minutes but then carried on, no problems at all, freely running and didn't seem to be favoring the knee.

He provided the assist for Mbappe's goal, then as you say, went down.

All this makes me think it wasn't too bad and maybe Lucas himself just thought sod it, we're 2-1 up now with a few minutes to play, I'll play sick so Deschamps has to take me off.

Told ya. Just chill out folks and enjoy Carlo's ride :cool:

That’s an excellent point and it feeds directly into the idea of the club rehabilitating players from the giants where it didn’t work out but they just needed that little extra bit of time and patience.
There's a few slightly older wiser heads around Goodison now who can advise on the pitfalls of going to an elite club to early in your career. Hopefully Richy is the type of person who listens ;)

There's a few slightly older wiser heads around Goodison now who can advise on the pitfalls of going to an elite club to early in your career. Hopefully Richy is the type of person who listens ;)
Yep just that. Everton are becoming an attractive place to play; big wages, great chance of first team games, Europe likely, pathway to international platform.

It doesn’t fund itself though and selling at the right time is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.