2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet all the other teams around us somehow manage to avoid 2 red cards in 2 consecutive games (which were both unnecessary challenges).

God help us if we get top 4 and play in the CL against teams who'll be rolling around every time a player touches them never mind our daft lot lunging in or tackling from behind.

Maybe its you who doesn't understand how players need to play in the current game.

Its not the 80's anymore.

I get that, believe me. The football world has changed and watching football now is cringeworthy compared to 'the 80s'- or even the naughties.

But footballers still play instinctively. If we're now saying that players need to get with the new times and try to fathom the new rules instinctively - and to anyone who knows football they are far from instinctive - then we are asking a lot.

None of this is helped by people like you who try to apply some kind of rule set to the game and suggest that, in the case today, Digne should have made a judgement in the heat of the moment to pull the player back and earn a yellow when in fact he had NO INTENTION whatsoever of fouling him, and was then given a red for a complete accident.

I don't expect to persuade you otherwise however. There's none so blind as those who will not see...

I get that, believe me. The football world has changed and watching football now is cringeworthy compared to 'the 80s'- or even the naughties.

But footballers still play instinctively. If we're now saying that players need to get with the new times and try to fathom the new rules instinctively - and to anyone who knows football they are far from instinctive - then we are asking a lot.

None of this is helped by people like you who try to apply some kind of rule set to the game and suggest that, in the case today, Digne should have made a judgement in the heat of the moment to pull the player back and earn a yellow when in fact he had NO INTENTION whatsoever of fouling him, and was then given a red for a complete accident.

I don't expect to persuade you otherwise however. There's none so blind as those who will not see...

If Digne/Richarlison want to play Champions League football - then they need to swerve the red mist / daft decision making and play the game like the top players do.

James doesnt scythe people down or stand on someone's achilles, likewise he'll be the first to go down in the box if he is fouled - thats what you need to do to be a winner in todays game sadly.

Too many of our players need to learn the Dark arts and fast.

If Digne/Richarlison want to play Champions League football - then they need to swerve the red mist / daft decision making and play the game like the top players do.

James doesnt scythe people down or stand on someone's achilles, likewise he'll be the first to go down in the box if he is fouled - thats what you need to do to be a winner in todays game sadly.

Not a game I want to watch then.

the only thing to cheer me up today was Lucas' five gallic back flips with his arm as he went off.
Could he be any more french?

I’d hardly call it a tackle, he was running. What’s he meant to do?

He's challenging for the ball. The fact he took a couple of nibbles at him shows that. Don't get me wrong, it's soft, but so is the law as it stands.

Can't say for sure whether it was deliberate or not, only Digne knows for sure, but the sly rake down the back of the legs is a move plenty do.

Probably not worded the best, but surely you know what I mean. The contact was clumsy at most and the red was because it was deemed as a professional foul (at least I hope it was).

It was a red like, don't get me wrong, but that's deffo not a 3-game bannable offense.

A straight red is though. You can't say it's a red but not a 3 game ban offence - that's what straight reds are.

It was deemed a challenge that carried a high risk of injuring an opponent. The ban shouldn't be dependent on how lucky or unlucky the recipient of the offence was.

Carlo cited all the never ending crying by virtually everyone in the media over last week as the possible main reason why Digne was sent off, calling it a joke and not fair.

Even if you think last week was a massive injustice, and the correct VAR process wasn't followed by incompetent Coote, you can't correct it the week after.

VAR isn't the problem it's the Coote's and Attwell's who are laughably incompetent, if you have idiots in charge you get idiotic results.

If it was left to James we would never have the ball as he can't tackle. Do not talk such rubbish

I'm sure this will fill our Niasse quota of the FA showing us who's boss over absolute garbage punishments, Will be a disgrace if this isn't rescinded straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.