2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an oxymoron.

Probably not worded the best, but surely you know what I mean. The contact was clumsy at most and the red was because it was deemed as a professional foul (at least I hope it was).

It was a red like, don't get me wrong, but that's deffo not a 3-game bannable offense.

For me it was 2 yellow card offences within seconds, (not sure how it works but if that was the case should he of shown him 2 yellows rather than a straight red) in that case it would be 1 match ban

When running, he had his arms in the air to ensure he DID NOT foul. Unfortunately, he stood on him but there was zero intent and I hope officials see this and reduce to one.

He was near tears when he came off. Seriously unfortunate.

With what happened last weekend, I see no way they rescind or reduce the ban but we can hope.

No way he meant to ride his achilles like a skateboard, but obviously intended not to give him room to take a step hence the most bizarre looking foul I have seen in quite some time. That is the risk you take

...always think a card is wrong when a player runs across the path of another, but perhaps Digne was chasing for long enough to have avoided the contact which was particularly nasty. I thought at the time a red was harsh but I accept it in hindsight.

I like the way Ancelotti has come out and contested it, though. He knows there’s a status quo in this league and he’s happy to highlight it.

Thought Digne’s standards slipped today, he failed to make the most of useful situations he found himself in.

Any chance it gets rescinded?

Looked like an accurate red to me.

But I hate this straight red rule. 3 games seems excessive. Not every tackle is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.