2020/21 Lucas Digne

Curtis

Player Valuation: £5m
He's lost some of his luster after he returned from his injury but he's still one of favorites, pretty reliable we just haven't set up properly to utilize his strengths

Carlito

Player Valuation: £50m
It never gets mentioned, but seeing as there's a lot of conversation about this in the Max Aarons thread, Digne hardly ever gets beat in the air either. He sometimes struggles against raw pace, but no full back always comes out on top.

His defending really isn't an issue. But I do think the speed at which he came back from his injury has probably caught up with him a bit.
He'll commit himself against quick / tricky wingers, but he's not the kind of full-back who doesn't take his defending seriously.

Attacking-wise, I think he just needs someone to combine with down the left.

Osamabindiesel

Player Valuation: £70m
A consistent, legitimate threat down the right side would also help, as defenses wouldn't be able to cheat over to contain him.
I think this is more of the problem. Teams overload the left side and he’s left in one on one matchups (which are not his strongsuit). He is essentially man marked. If Digne has space, he will make you pay. We need a competent right hand side (or at least a runner in behind like Walcott but better).

TimHowardsBeardJuice

Player Valuation: £10m
Every time he gets the ball all our players just turn their backs and run away from him, he’s obviously a fantastic crosser but a little variation would really help. It’s actually comical at times watching our attackers just turn and sprint towards the six yard box

I'd also like to see him cut in, run at goal and have a go himself once in a while, if for no other reason than to make the attack less predictable.

He's a very good crosser but it's obvious what he's going to do because he always does it. He does it even when DCL isn't there to get on the end of it. Mix it up, man.

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m
Every time he gets the ball all our players just turn their backs and run away from him, he’s obviously a fantastic crosser but a little variation would really help. It’s actually comical at times watching our attackers just turn and sprint towards the six yard box
He can link up at a high level too but our players just try to play a one two with him every time so he can cross.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks