2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's lost some of his luster after he returned from his injury but he's still one of favorites, pretty reliable we just haven't set up properly to utilize his strengths

It never gets mentioned, but seeing as there's a lot of conversation about this in the Max Aarons thread, Digne hardly ever gets beat in the air either. He sometimes struggles against raw pace, but no full back always comes out on top.

His defending really isn't an issue. But I do think the speed at which he came back from his injury has probably caught up with him a bit.
He'll commit himself against quick / tricky wingers, but he's not the kind of full-back who doesn't take his defending seriously.

Attacking-wise, I think he just needs someone to combine with down the left.

A consistent, legitimate threat down the right side would also help, as defenses wouldn't be able to cheat over to contain him.
I think this is more of the problem. Teams overload the left side and he’s left in one on one matchups (which are not his strongsuit). He is essentially man marked. If Digne has space, he will make you pay. We need a competent right hand side (or at least a runner in behind like Walcott but better).

Every time he gets the ball all our players just turn their backs and run away from him, he’s obviously a fantastic crosser but a little variation would really help. It’s actually comical at times watching our attackers just turn and sprint towards the six yard box

I'd also like to see him cut in, run at goal and have a go himself once in a while, if for no other reason than to make the attack less predictable.

He's a very good crosser but it's obvious what he's going to do because he always does it. He does it even when DCL isn't there to get on the end of it. Mix it up, man.

Every time he gets the ball all our players just turn their backs and run away from him, he’s obviously a fantastic crosser but a little variation would really help. It’s actually comical at times watching our attackers just turn and sprint towards the six yard box
He can link up at a high level too but our players just try to play a one two with him every time so he can cross.

Must be frustrating for him to never see anybody on the left wing, like, ever. What kind of weird tactic is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.