2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively sound last night, if we can get some of his attacking verve in these last few games it'll be a big plus.

I think he is being told to keep wide which keeps him away from shot taking positions. He gives us great width and lots of scoring opportunities with those crosses. Tactical rather than performance
Yeh that’s what I was getting at. Definitely tactical. For someone with such a great strike on him, you think they could mix it up and let him cut inside and go narrow every now and again.

Hes defending is consistent so. Consistent ...poor!

He's been quite naive in his defending plenty of times. Diving in when there's no need and getting completely done, leaving our back line scrambling. Those sort of decisions from someone at his level are quite surprising.

He's been quite naive in his defending plenty of times. Diving in when there's no need and getting completely done, leaving our back line scrambling. Those sort of decisions from someone at his level are quite surprising.
Always been his problem. If he could defend he would still play for Barcelona FC not Everton FC.

He got beat once but it seems like people wait for these moments to say he can't defend. Most the time he is solid.

It never gets mentioned, but seeing as there's a lot of conversation about this in the Max Aarons thread, Digne hardly ever gets beat in the air either. He sometimes struggles against raw pace, but no full back always comes out on top.

His defending really isn't an issue. But I do think the speed at which he came back from his injury has probably caught up with him a bit.

It never gets mentioned, but seeing as there's a lot of conversation about this in the Max Aarons thread, Digne hardly ever gets beat in the air either. He sometimes struggles against raw pace, but no full back always comes out on top.

His defending really isn't an issue. But I do think the speed at which he came back from his injury has probably caught up with him a bit.
He's surprisingly good in the air I agree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.