2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can only happen if he plays LB. He's not got the pace or dribbling to be a winger. He needs to be able to fill the space being opened when the LW moves central.

100% he’ll get more space and opportunities when playing left back, I think it’s time to put him back there despite Godfrey doing a great job in the role he’s been given.

He still didn’t get fed the ball enough overall though, the couple of times he did we scored and had chances from it.

I hope he goes back to left back against Newcastle that's his position as well as Godfrey has done there and he can be useful defensively in certain games at left back.

100% he’ll get more space and opportunities when playing left back, I think it’s time to put him back there despite Godfrey doing a great job in the role he’s been given.

He still didn’t get fed the ball enough overall though, the couple of times he did we scored and had chances from it.
Imo Lucas is the best LB in the league and an average LM so we need to get him back in there.. Richy seems completely lost unless he's playing with Lucas behind him.
Godfreys been brilliant since that saints game, but we need to get him over to RB on his natural side and he'll fly.

I hope he goes back to left back against Newcastle that's his position as well as Godfrey has done there and he can be useful defensively in certain games at left back.
I just don't see why Godfrey can't be shifted to RB - he would be more of an attacking threat on his preferred side.

In my view our best XI is:

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Allan Doucoure
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

This can only happen if he plays LB. He's not got the pace or dribbling to be a winger. He needs to be able to fill the space being opened when the LW moves central.
A great first half then dropped back to play left back in the 2nd half getting in way of Godfrey who needed no help at all - someone must have ordered him to do this at Half time?
In fact, we just fell back until we conceded late on thanks to Pickford - only then did Digne take up the position he played in the first half ?
mind boggling tactics from Carlo......

A great first half then dropped back to play left back in the 2nd half getting in way of Godfrey who needed no help at all - someone must have ordered him to do this at Half time?
In fact, we just fell back until we conceded late on thanks to Pickford - only then did Digne take up the position he played in the first half ?
No he was still the LW it's just that he had to cover Leicester's RB who pushed up higher as he was concerned at all with getting beaten by Digne on a counter.

This is exactly how I saw it as well. Was right from the first whistle of the second half. He seemed to drop back to play outside Godfrey. Not sure Carlo specifically told him to do that but probably emphasised not conceding and we’d win, don’t turn the ball over/get caught out of position ahead of the ball, let them come on to us we’ll hit them on the break and kill the game.

The midfield four completely lost their shape they had in the first half right from the start of the 2nd half. Think when the manager instils that hold what we have mentality in a team they subconsciously drop back and cede territory - sometimes works, you ride your luck and get a second. Just as often seems to work the other way and you concede - frustrating when it goes like that. Keep doing what was working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.