2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines is still more than capable of stepping in and provides excellent competition for Digne

yes and baines may even be part of the reason why digne is doing so well. the whole team seem to be getting on so well. hope he stays for as long as he is contributing positively, of course he knows after this season his game time will fade even more as they look for younger suitors

It saddens me how quickly a fantastic player like Baines is forgotten when a new player steps up. Digne is obviously quality but to immediately declare him better than Baines is madness. I feel a lot are comparing current Baines to current Digne. Baines was consistently one of our best players year on year, has always had a fantastic attitude and been a great servant to the club.

It saddens me how quickly a fantastic player like Baines is forgotten when a new player steps up. Digne is obviously quality but to immediately declare him better than Baines is madness. I feel a lot are comparing current Baines to current Digne. Baines was consistently one of our best players year on year, has always had a fantastic attitude and been a great servant to the club.
Best was the best full back in the leauge for a couple of seasons, one of the best in europe.

Shows how fickle fans are, havent got a clue.

When he rattles one in from 35+ yards against Newcastle from a free kick then I’ll entertain the baines bashing.

Nah. All seriousness baines could have played for a bigger team had we entertained bids or he pushed for a move. Signs are Digne is better defensively but I think his attacking play is underrated and I think he will he just as good as baines was for us

When he rattles one in from 35+ yards against Newcastle from a free kick then I’ll entertain the baines bashing.

Nah. All seriousness baines could have played for a bigger team had we entertained bids or he pushed for a move. Signs are Digne is better defensively but I think his attacking play is underrated and I think he will he just as good as baines was for us

For me what took Baines to that next level was his footballing brain, some of the play between him and Piennar and the understanding of each other’s game was brilliant to watch. For Digne though time is on his side, he could build a brilliant partnership with Bernard. Both try to help each other out, both intelligent. I think Baines at his peak is the best left back I’ve seen play for us in my life time. It wouldn’t be any slight on Digne if he didn’t hit those highs, it’s a pretty high bar Baines has set

Digne is very much like baines I’m style etc and can compare them easily imo. Baines was the best attacking lb in the league and one of the best in Europe for about 4-5 seasons. His passing was excellent , crossing very good, scored pens, and could take a very good free kick, his defending wasn’t as bad as some make out either , he just wasn’t outstanding at defending but was still better than most in the prem. Digne again takes free kicks and has a good delivery and his tounch is good and defending is solid so far, I’d say he’s got more pace than baines did but only time will tell if he becomes better than Leighton . Either way we had a top top LB for years and now we seem to have replaced home with another very very good on atm

Digne is very much like baines I’m style etc and can compare them easily imo. Baines was the best attacking lb in the league and one of the best in Europe for about 4-5 seasons. His passing was excellent , crossing very good, scored pens, and could take a very good free kick, his defending wasn’t as bad as some make out either , he just wasn’t outstanding at defending but was still better than most in the prem. Digne again takes free kicks and has a good delivery and his tounch is good and defending is solid so far, I’d say he’s got more pace than baines did but only time will tell if he becomes better than Leighton . Either way we had a top top LB for years and now we seem to have replaced home with another very very good on atm
Digne like Baines has a fottballing brain
Bernard like Pienarr has one as well
If Digne and Bernard develope an understanding it could turn into something special

Just glad we have found a lb good enough for this league and we have been spolit with baines over the years. Digne is a great addition to the team. We now don't have to worry about a lb for the next 2 seasons. Baines is good enough for cover. We cant afford 2 quality players for each position when we have other positions to fill first.

Status
Not open for further replies.