2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shown to be a solid player and also technically very good. Which you would expect coming from Barca.

For me he’s been our best signing.

A very good full back, hope he does as well for us as Leighton did. It is too easy to watch a Leighton today and forget just how good he was on a consistent basis over several seasons.
For what t is worth, I think there is every chance we will get several very good seasons from Lucas as well.

Starting again tonight for France v Netherlands.

Bit of a trivia question, but when was the last time that an Everton player was a consistent starter for the current World Champions? Can't even think of one, closest was Johnny Heitinga for the losing World Cup finalists in 2010, then I thought of Olivier Dacourt, but he made his France debut in 2001, two years after leaving Everton.

Starting again tonight for France v Netherlands.

Bit of a trivia question, but when was the last time that an Everton player was a consistent starter for the current World Champions? Can't even think of one, closest was Johnny Heitinga for the losing World Cup finalists in 2010, then I thought of Olivier Dacourt, but he made his France debut in 2001, two years after leaving Everton.

1966 as a guess.

1966 as a guess.

.... Thought so too, Ray Wilson, Bally, Labone etc.

Odd though that we haven't had one since, though England not winning the thing since 1966, and football in England only becoming truly "international" coinciding with our decline post-1980's is probably the answer.

.... Thought so too, Ray Wilson, Bally, Labone etc.

Odd though that we haven't had one since, though England not winning the thing since 1966, and football in England only becoming truly "international" coinciding with our decline post-1980's is probably the answer.

Whats odder is that I was musing this exact same poser earlier today for some reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.