2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was doing the work of 2 men Sunday - All Calvert-Lewin wanted to do was drift inside.
Agree to a point
But the DM should have covered thin going forward , it’s basic coaching
Only one FB goes forward
The other FB comes inside to cover around the back and the two CB’s none across to the centre and side of the pitch we are attacking
It’s basic defending 101
It’s one of the first things you will learn about defending on a coaching course
The defenders should work as a unit and move in a set pattern depending on where the play is
It’s why we need a leader in defenders who can bark orders , something all good sides have

@banno @Brisan123

Yep, he will get caught out if we concede possession.

So, we have to have one CM (if we're playing 4-2-3-1 this is) who can keep the ball and move us up the pitch, and also takes care of it with his passing (hopefully this is Gomes, for now anyway) and then the other player has to be a player like Gana/McCarthy who has the legs to cover the full-backs if we do get countered.

Exactly
Basic defending

Exactly
Basic defending

AAHHJH Basic, crumbs looks like our lot have not got past the under 5s coaching yet!

Lets get to the chase the team are crap, wrong players out there (thanks RM, RK and BFS), it seems for the most part they have not got a flipping clue. So how much on the players how much on Silva? Why is DCL on the wing again?????

Or here’s a novel idea ,what if the DM’s did their jobs properly and covered the FB when he goes upfield

Brisan I implied that in a few of my previous posts. It is common sense that if a full back is high up the pitch then they must be covered and other team members aware of the situ. Most of our goals conceded this season seem to come from brain farts rather than good play by the opposition. I honestly do not think quite a few of our players are tactically aware or have any guile. Intelligence from players makes them much better players........a reason Ross never pushed on.

AAHHJH Basic, crumbs looks like our lot have not got past the under 5s coaching yet!

Lets get to the chase the team are crap, wrong players out there (thanks RM, RK and BFS), it seems for the most part they have not got a flipping clue. So how much on the players how much on Silva? Why is DCL on the wing again?????

I’d say DCL was on the wing because Bernard was not fit to play a full game
Ricarlison was suspended
Lookman has his head on a bad place over the failed transfer and that left Baines and DCL as the two left footers in the squad
I would say the reason DCL was chosen was because his pace should have kept Zabaleta who is slowing down as age creeps up on him pinned back
There was some logic in the choice but DCL played poorly
Another reason was that he is tall and should have pushed inside when Digne attacked and to get on the end of both Dignes and Kennys excellent crosses
However he failed on all counts and I doubt you will see him in a PL starting 11 once all players are fit and up to speed

Brisan I implied that in a few of my previous posts. It is common sense that if a full back is high up the pitch then they must be covered and other team members aware of the situ. Most of our goals conceded this season seem to come from brain farts rather than good play by the opposition. I honestly do not think quite a few of our players are tactically aware or have any guile. Intelligence from players makes them much better players........a reason Ross never pushed on.
That was ROSS Barkley main failing
He had most of the attributes needed to be a top footballer except a footballing brain and perhaps a bit of bravery and snide

Why is DCL on the wing again?????
I'm assuming because Recharlison was banned, and neither Lookman or Bernard was match fit. He's also a better option there than Niasse.

DCL is probably 5th choice for 2 wide positions and 3rd choice behind Recharlison and Tosun for the central striker position.. Same as Davies is probably 5th choice for 2 CM positions and Holgate is at best 4th choice for 2 CD positions.

I just wonder whether given DCL's deficiency out wide, whether we would have been better off with Digne in a more advanced role and Baines at left back, obviously this runs on the basis that Bernard wasn't really fit to start.

Agree to a point
But the DM should have covered thin going forward , it’s basic coaching
Only one FB goes forward
The other FB comes inside to cover around the back and the two CB’s none across to the centre and side of the pitch we are attacking
It’s basic defending 101
It’s one of the first things you will learn about defending on a coaching course
The defenders should work as a unit and move in a set pattern depending on where the play is
It’s why we need a leader in defenders who can bark orders , something all good sides have

This

I just wonder whether given DCL's deficiency out wide, whether we would have been better off with Digne in a more advanced role and Baines at left back, obviously this runs on the basis that Bernard wasn't really fit to start.

Baines is past it

No left back last year and 2 on the pitch this season
I can imagine the fume
However it’s not a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.