Confirmed Signing Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying under the radar this one a bit, as with Mina tho I can't see him wanting to leave Barca for us

Everton are to step up their pursuit of Barcelona left-back Lucas Digne this week.

The French defender has emerged as a target after the Blues walked away from talks with Celtic over Kieran Tierney.

Digne joined Barca in 2016 from Paris Saint Germain but after 46 appearances in two seasons with the Spanish giant, the defender is ready to leave the Nou Camp.

Everton are likely to have to pay in the region of £22m to sign the 25-year-old but Marco Silva is hopeful a deal can be struck to bring him to Goodison.

Richarlison will join from Watford today in a £40m deal and the Blues boss told Portuguese TV channel Sport TV last night he hopes Digne can join him.

"There are two possibilities, I will not hide," he said.

“These are strong hypotheses.

“Richarlison is an excellent player and Digne is not by chance where [Barcelona] he is.

“Hopefully, it's not easy. "

I'd be happy with this one. The right sort of signing to make - he hasn't made the cut at Barcelona but he hasn't embarrassed himself either, and he's had a wealth of experience in and around that level despite being relatively young.

So not a world class player but a very good one. Perfect, realistic signing for us.

Got a face like a sack of hammers but he has pedigree and big club/league experience which the majority of our flops from tinpot clubs/leagues don’t.

Keane
Williams
Vlasic
Klaassen
Sandro
Bolasie
Martina

I’d take 20M for the lot

The more I think about the way Silva wants to play and today’s match in particular, I think Digne’s off the ball movement, which I think is really good, would really help. Even in the second half we had a lot of the ball on the sidelines - lots of pressure in the midfield- and Baines gave us NOTHING. He is still responsible with the ball, but Silva needs him to get forward, especially if he is playing it into the forward in front of him when they are on the inside. Instead, he’d play it into Kev or Cenk and not move. Silva’s attack almost hinges on the backs to get into the wide spaces.

Got a face like a sack of hammers but he has pedigree and big club/league experience which the majority of our flops from tinpot clubs/leagues don’t.

Keane
Williams
Vlasic
Klaassen
Sandro
Bolasie
Martina

I’d take 20M for the lot
We could get twice that for those jokers.

From what I've seen I think Silva wants his fullbacks only slightly less advanced than Martinez. I don't think we'll see them crossing to each other like under Roberto but I'm convinced someone of Digne's ability to exploit space is necessary.

Not seen much of Digne at Barcelona, but always struck me as a good all-rounder. Good defensively, decent going forward (though not Baines standard), quick enough and uses the ball fairly well

Still think Tierney would have been the one with the higher ceiling, but think Digne is a sensible pick

Keane
Williams
Vlasic
Klaassen
Sandro
Bolasie
Martina

I’d take 20M for the lot
Man Utd and Barcelona pedigree ?

Status
Not open for further replies.