Lottery Winner

Would you donate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Only if I became the majority shareholder, at which point I'd reduce the debt by 20 million, see what I could do with 50 million in redeveloping Goodison, invest a few million in marketing activities and give Martinez 25 million plus to spend.

£95 million ?! That would leave you with £5m which would leave you only needing another £5m to catch up with that paul guy who wears a monicle and smokes Cuban Cigars i think he is called Eskimo or Esk Jeeves something like that......

Isn't this what the Bolton owner did years back and now he can't even give the club away and they're losing £250k a week and he's out of pocket by about £150m.

Yes but this (admittedly fanciful fantasy scenario) is different.

The fact he chose to invest in Bolton and call it a loan is really semantics. He invested money into the football club he owns (~95% anyway) to make it better -- he failed and now the money is gone. Whether that money was gifted to the club or a loan is kind of irrelevant in many ways (in terms of his finances). Not to the club and his supporters of course who will likely be ruined by it all.

Roman has done the same thing and it's worked out well for Chelsea. Yeah he *could* ask Chelsea to pay him back.

They can't and never will (aside from maybe a sale) be able to pay him back so it's not logical to assume that's his get rich(er) quick scheme.

The Bolton guy, even though he failed to make Bolton great, is in the same boat.

Same idea; different results. That's business.

I don't own Everton nor have I invested any money into it -- in fact that would still be true every year after the loan gets paid off (unless you factor in opportunity cost). My loan in this fantasy thread would be secured (against something I have no ownership or investment in currently) so it's much less risk to me -- if I end up owning Everton (or some %) because I loaned them 20m I'd be over the moon. You lot shouldn't mind -- I promise to invest exactly the same amount into EFC as our current clap-worthy regime! *

* Actually it'd be way more considering the interest free loans.

EVERTON : The Movie

Christian Bale as Howard Kendall
Michael Caine as Bill Kenwright
Daniel Day Lewis as Jimmy Martin
Justin Bieber as Gerard Deulofeu
Gerard Butler as Joe Royle

Status
Not open for further replies.