Lottery Winner

Would you donate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymzee

Player Valuation: £150m
Just a curious little question I thought I'd pose to the forum: if you won £100m in the lottery tomorrow, would you donate money to Everton? And if yes, which area (debt clearance, transfer kitty etc.) would you ask for it to go.

I'd buy shares instead.

A chunk of £100m wouldn't go far when you take in to account player fee, player wages, signing on fee.

Only if I became the majority shareholder, at which point I'd reduce the debt by 20 million, see what I could do with 50 million in redeveloping Goodison, invest a few million in marketing activities and give Martinez 25 million plus to spend.

Have thought about this before - I'd be tempted to try and help the club out by putting £50m or so towards a new stadium.

The thing that bothers me about doing that though is that it would increase the value of the club and Kenwright and co would make more money from selling it because of me.

I'd want to do something but I'd need to work out a way to ensure that Green, Kenwright, etc didn't profit from it

Nah.

I could do a hell of a lot more good with £100m than make some footballers even richer.

If I did anything it would probably be put in some decent all weather football pitches all over the city and make them free to use (with Everton branding) and maybe supply some decent youth coaches.

However this is something it annoys me neither club in the city has done. For a weeks worth of their wage bill each they could build 3G pitches aplenty all over the city and give something back to the community.

Yeh we are pretty shocking for giving Liverpool children the platform to perform. I heard Iceland spent a ton of money creating all weather and indoor pitches so they could play all year round. Surely we can do it in one city.

Status
Not open for further replies.